Honored Contributor

I've read many comments about the sizing inconsistencies on items from QVC.  But it seems to be a problem from other vendors, e.g., Coldwater Creek.  Read several complaints about the sizing on items from there.  I would have thought that ALL of one item is produced from one manufacturing facility so why would there be inconsistencies?  I guess I'm clueless about how manufacturing works.

Honored Contributor
There are so many people in this world who do not know how to measure... even in China I guess.
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor
  • There always have been and always will be differences in sizing between different lines using different manufacturers using different equipment.  I buy mostly Denim &Co and find the sizing in that line to be extremely consistant.  When I receive a new garment, I don't even bother trying it on until I wear it for the first time.  I never send anything back due to size, and I buy a lot.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think we need to define inconsistent.  I found inconsistent sizing between designers and within designers' own line.  There shouldn't be different measurements between 2 size 8 same style, same brand, pants, for example.  

Inconsistent sizing between fashion houses is very common, low or high priced.  High priced designers style for certain types of women, bodies, and ages, those they want to see wearing their clothes.  They might put a size 4 or 34 on the label, but it may be cut smaller than another designer.  You are less likely to find different measurements between their own size 4 same style pants, for example. 

I think a lot of inconsistent sizing can be blamed mainly on cost to make, manufacturing quality control, how fabric is cut, and not using highly skilled labor.  Sometimes, labor is required to do a lot of pieces per hour, paid very little...therefore they produce inconsistent work.   

But, even lower priced fashion houses determine their own sizing.  I've seen size 6 cut to fit size 10.  Some do it because women are so sensitive about sizing.

Higher priced designers are more discriminating with what manufacturers they use.  The have proven high quality manufacturing processes with high levels of quality control, skilled labor, and don't rush labor during their work.  Manufacturers and labor take pride in what they do.  

Just read yesterday, 42% of all women's pants purchased online are returned for sizing issues.  For all clothing it's 34% returns.  For those saying they didn't return anything...some didn't either.  But, those are very high percentages.  

Of course, everyone has their own thoughts on what is high vs low priced, but $50 for pants or a top doesn't come close to being high priced.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Sizing Inconsistencies

[ Edited ]

I purchased 3 pair of Isaac's #A370333. 3 different colors & 1 pair fits! I'm at wit's end. I really like them. I don't know if I should try to excange them for the same size & hope I get them. Or just order them while they are in stock. I've had this happen with other brands too. Sometimes in the same color! I think we deserve a full refund when this happens. I did try a size up & they are too big. What would you do?