Honored Contributor

I just received a card from Sirus XM that they renewed the subscription and it appeared to be twice the amount I was paying.  I would appreciate it if you would share what you are paying monthly for your XM before I call to negotiate a new price.  I checked online with different posts and it varies from $5 -20 monthly if purchasing for 1 car.  I appreciate any input.   Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I had a trial and let it expire and then re-subscribed for $99 for one year.

What I've read on here is to call before it renews and tell them you are going to cancel and see what they offer.

I have it on my calendar for when mine is set to renew (April).  However, I got an email yesterday from them telling me my credit card on file for renewal has expired.  So they can't renew me even if I forget .

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

i have siriusxm all access.....

i have it in my car AND i have their streaming service for my phone and computer.

for the car it is $20.99 plus $4.01 service fees

for my premier streaming it is $10.99 plus $0.97 service fees.

total is $36.96 a month.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I call them a week before the expiration date to negotiate a new price.  Tell them you will cancel if you don't get a good price, then they will make you three offers.  I usually reject the first two and take the last and final offer.  I just paid $37 (inc tax) for 5 months.

Honored Contributor

We just cancelled ours after having it for years, but they did try to get us to stay with a great rate. Offered 6 mos. for $35 plus tax.

Honored Contributor

I might add the streaming service next time if they quote me a good price.  I would like to stream it on my Echo Shows.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I have two cars with Sirius; the first has a lifetime membership, purchased in 2006 for $300 and the second, I negotiated about $8 a month and it expires in August 2019.  I marked it on my calendar and will negotiate like crazy.  We really love Sirius, especially since we take many 1000mi  + trips across barren land (usually many hours across the desert).

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Agree that you should turn down the first negotiated offer as the 2nd/3rd are uaually better.

I got a 5 mo. renewal for under $50/all fees included a month ago. One vehicle and Select package.

Gotta say the Holly channel this year sux!! I don't think they are paying royalties for better artists.

Honored Contributor

We have had it in my husbands car that we bought in 2016.  Every March they bill me in the mail some ridiculous price like $299.99.  I call and explain that we hardly use the car now, and that I will only pay $99.00 a year PERIOD.  The last two times I called it worked out.  They add taxes and fee so it cost about $115 after that. 

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

I just received a card from Sirus XM that they renewed the subscription and it appeared to be twice the amount I was paying.  I would appreciate it if you would share what you are paying monthly for your XM before I call to negotiate a new price.  I checked online with different posts and it varies from $5 -20 monthly if purchasing for 1 car.  I appreciate any input.   Thanks.

I think we're paying around $110.00 a year.