Respected Contributor

Re: Sirhan Sirhan

[ Edited ]

He's 77 and has been in jail for 53 years. 

Not that my opinion matters, but I agree with the sons .

Respected Contributor

Those of us who were  alive in June of 1968 remember the scene of Robert Kennedy lying on the floor of the hotel kitchen after being shot in the head by Sirhan Sirhan. I was 18 years old and having lived through the assassination of President Kennedy and Martin Luther King Jr. it felt like our world was crashing down around us. I think Senator Kennedy's children are dishonoring their father's memory. This man should live out his days in prison. 

Esteemed Contributor

I saw it on the news & was in shock. Sirhan should spend the rest of his life in prison. These conspiracy theories are a bunch of cr**p. I think his sons are off base . I wonder what Ethel thinks.

Honored Contributor

First Scott Peterson, then Sirhan Sirhan. Where is Lady Justice when you need her?

Honored Contributor

I admired RFK, and it hurts to think of his loss.

But if Sirhan had killed anyone else he would have been out long ago.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor
I watched him murder Bobby Kennedy. Keep him in jail. That's where he belongs. No matter what I know where he's going once he dies.
Honored Contributor

Re: Sirhan Sirhan

[ Edited ]

@Drythe wrote:

I admired RFK, and it hurts to think of his loss.

But if Sirhan had killed anyone else he would have been out long ago.

I think you make a valid point and suggested as much earlier. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

IF he shows remorse for what he's done, I think it's time for him to be paroled. Some people do change. Whether or not he's one, I can't say as I haven't spoken to him.

Esteemed Contributor

Who in their right mind grants parole to an assassin?????

Another prime example of our broken legal system.  Does anyone actually think this murderer is sorry he killed RFK in cold blood????

Honored Contributor

A big deal is made out of prisoners asking for parole who were involved in notable crimes, but every day, others get paroled with no public opposition or notice at all. 

a great many were released from prison early, due to covid.  A good number of those have already committed other crimes, too.   A double murder, close to where I live.