Honored Contributor

i would NOT want to dress like people did back in the  40s or 50s.  When I do see someone wearing pjs in public, it's often an older person (like me) ,  who looks like they are having difficulty getting around.

Super Contributor
Not moi ,in those pajamas.! 🤣

Idk, how ...you could leave your house in that get-up, and be taken seriously 😒 🙄 😐 😑
Esteemed Contributor

I was in  Galloway NJ  , early Dec one year . An entire family of 4 generations of women  dressed in the same  printed PJ's all came down to the breakfast area at the hotel where I was staying . Yes, the entire family all in the same print PJ's like you see in that Pajamagram  catalog . It was something

Respected Contributor

Towns in Maine have a sales event called "Pajama Party," where the gift stores open up for locals in the off-season after Thanksgiving--but they must be in their pajamas to get the discount. 

I attended with my sister once during a visit, and it was so much fun!  The bargains, and a man with a beard in his long-johns, and other people just going with the theme and being goofy.    Maine also has a town in which when the residents start to go crazy with the long winter, in March, they indulge in nude bowling.  Or they did a few years ago; global warming is even changing Maine....

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 Nope! That is crossing the line. I will wear my faded jeans and a flannel shirt to the grocery, but that is a low as I go on the dress code scale.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 @cheriere   My first thought was, "They must be at Walmart."  I do remember when people dressed nicely when going shopping, the airport, church and many other places.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624   It's not me either but I see it and just think people just don't care. I just came back from a quick grocery store run. There was a lady walking into the store by me. Maybe in her 6Os (like me) with a very thin t-shirt and no bra. Sorry but she was large and hanging down low and it looked bad. I was so tempted to say "lady you need to put a bra or a sweater on" but of course it's none of my business so I didn't. I don't know what people are thinking. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee   That's a good one!

Honored Contributor

Not me since I don't wear pj's. Birthday suit is much more comfortable.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

I read an amusing definition of "style" on Facebook:

"My style is I did not think I had to get out of the car." Smiley Happy

@Mersha 

I will ask dh when I have to drive him somewhere and I am still in my workout clothes, do I have to get out of the car? If I have to get out of car, I need 15 more minutes. He shakes his head wondering why I would care. I tell him I have no intention of being one of those people other people say...can you believe she left her house like that?

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."