Honored Contributor

I was outside with the dog.

A USPS truck was going up the street, FedEx truck was coming out of the side street and Prime was making a delivery across the street.

All we needed was the UPS truck. I should have taken a picture, they were all about 50 feet from one another.

Esteemed Contributor

Those who can't go out bless their drivers and thank them for working.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

A USPS truck was going up the street, FedEx truck was coming out of the side street and Prime was making a delivery across the street.

All we needed was the UPS truck. I should have taken a picture, they were all about 50 feet from one another.

@drizzellla 

That would have been a great picture, and yes, definitely a sign of the times!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I see that a lot.  I also see Prime vans and trucks one right after another.  The other day, I was waiting for two Prime orders and they arrived within 15 minutes of each other on separate vans and a couple of hours later, my upstairs neighbor got a Prime delivery.  It's crazy.  The funniest thing happened to me around Christlas last year; my bell rang and I buzzed someone in and it was the Usps and UPS and Fedex.  All three at my door at the same time.  We all laughed.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Sign of the Times

[ Edited ]

Have seen that with UPS, USPS, and Fedex.

Wonder if they wave to each other.  I doubt it.  

One time, USPS and UPS delivered boxes at the same time, one walking up the sidewalk rather slowly and one just about running over the one walking.  Guess which one was running.  

Respected Contributor

That is almost as bad as the intersection in NYC with 2 Starbucks, across from each other.  Man Happy

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

At least they were social distancing.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

We live in a rural area with a USPS drive delivery. We also live on a gravel road which will(barely) accommodate 2 cars going opposite directions. We also live in 1 of the only 2 homes on a cul-de-sac, which necessitates every vehicle having to turn around in our driveway.

Now a FedX and a UPS meeting in opposite directions? We got a problem and of them is going to have to give, by backing up, or looking for a driveway(of which there are only 3) to pass each other. Now a USPS small jeep or truck meeting those trucks? Mo problem, same with the Amazon panel trucks.

Yesterday I had our USPS deliver a package(too big for drive mailbox) to my patio door. He no more than left and UPS delivered another package to our nation door, Lily barking like crazy both times.

For me to get a picture of all 4 of them at the same time? I would have to walk over a block/down a steep hill(both directions in and out are V shape hills), and the trucks would be lined up 1 behind the other.

With all the trees? No way any camera could snap that shot. You outta see what used to be our yard when we moved here in 2000. What used to be a grass yard? Is now about 10' of dirt, where people turning around paid no attention to what was road and what was grass. I ended up putting 500lb boulders along what is what used to be our yard, last we lose another XXX number of feet of our yard. People! 😡😡😡😡

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Have seen that with UPS, USPS, and Fedex.

Wonder if they wave to each other.  I doubt it.  

One time, USPS and UPS delivered boxes at the same time, one walking up the sidewalk rather slowly and one just about running over the one walking.  Guess which one was running.  

I'll take a guess! The UPS guy was the one who was running.   My son was a driver so I/m  pretty familiar with this.