Honored Contributor

👀 Sight after cataract surgery 👀

Every evening between 11:00p-midnight I take a walk around the back of my complex.

When I walk past a certain car, this big giant fluffy cat comes from under the car, runs past me into a pond area.

Had 2 cataract surgeries the beginning of May.

Started up my nightly walks this past Friday.  That was NO cat.  This time when it ran pass me I discovered the big cat is really a BEAVER!!!!!!!! faint.gif

Thought I was seeing things.  So I went down to the pond & heard a splash.  Turned on my flashlight as the beaver was swimming towards some lilly pads.  Didn't see no ******.  Probably hidden among the pond vegatation.

Next day, I mentioned it to the maintence man.  He confirmed we have a beaver family in the pond.  The one I see at night is probably the male getting away from the kids & female.  He uses the car as his man cave. Smiley LOL

First time I've seen a beaver in real life.  My baby brother always said I live in Jurrassic Park. Smiley LOL

I've seen other things around the house that I never "noticed" before the surgeries.  Example:  I could have sworn I had 2 navy blue shirts, jeans & other navy blue items.  Turns out the other color is really black. Smiley LOL

Designs on my shower curtains that I never knew were there.  I thought I had purchased SOLID color curtains.

peep.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 👀 Sight after cataract surgery 👀

@Mz iMac. Hilarious!!!!!!! Thank-ful it is only a Beaver, could have been a Possum or something else.....Thats funny though...

Contributor

I had mine done last surrmer.  Same thing with colors.  I have worn glasses since 10 years old.  Now only need glasses to read..  Its great.  Did you wear glasses before ?

Contributor

I am really glad it was not a skunk

Esteemed Contributor

funny!!  i can relate....i had cataract surgery in april and may....what a difference!  but now i SEE i should have been dusting my furniture more often!!

Super Contributor

@Mz iMac  Love your story. I had cataract surgery 2 weeks ago, the second eye is being done tomorrow. It”s  amazing all the new things you notice. I want to know where all these wrinkles on my face came from, lol!

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Every evening between 11:00p-midnight I take a walk around the back of my complex.

When I walk past a certain car, this big giant fluffy cat comes from under the car, runs past me into a pond area.

Had 2 cataract surgeries the beginning of May.

Started up my nightly walks this past Friday.  That was NO cat.  This time when it ran pass me I discovered the big cat is really a BEAVER!!!!!!!! faint.gif

Thought I was seeing things.  So I went down to the pond & heard a splash.  Turned on my flashlight as the beaver was swimming towards some lilly pads.  Didn't see no ******.  Probably hidden among the pond vegatation.

Next day, I mentioned it to the maintence man.  He confirmed we have a beaver family in the pond.  The one I see at night is probably the male getting away from the kids & female.  He uses the car as his man cave. Smiley LOL

First time I've seen a beaver in real life.  My baby brother always said I live in Jurrassic Park. Smiley LOL

I've seen other things around the house that I never "noticed" before the surgeries.  Example:  I could have sworn I had 2 navy blue shirts, jeans & other navy blue items.  Turns out the other color is really black. Smiley LOL

Designs on my shower curtains that I never knew were there.  I thought I had purchased SOLID color curtains.

peep.gif

@Mz iMac  LOL!  Great that you see better now. Smiley Happy  I once went to DD's school with my pants on backward, and I had no vision problems, dressed in a darkened room, won't do that again, lol.

Honored Contributor

@tweets12 wrote:

Did you wear glasses before ?

Yes.  I still need to wear glasses but w/a different prescription.  I only started wearing glasses for the past 10 yrs.  Now I am "slightly" nearsighted.  Dr told me last week, that I should not need glasses in 3 yrs.  I had macular hole surgeries prior to the cataract surgeries.

Honored Contributor

I had cataract surgery in both eyes and one of the first things I noticed was how much cellulite I have!

its quite amazing the difference though. I never noticed individual leaves and how colorful the world is! Such a blessing 

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

funny!!  i can relate....i had cataract surgery in april and may....what a difference!  but now i SEE i should have been dusting my furniture more often!!

I thought the exact same thing AFTER I got home from my FIRST cataract surgery. Smiley LOL