Honored Contributor

Re: 👀 Sight after cataract surgery 👀

The last time I went to my eye doctor, a woman came out of her office after getting her patches removed after a procedure and was telling her husband she didn't want to go home just yet because she would be able to see how dirty the house is now.  She wanted to go out to lunch and to the mall first.  

Smiley Very Happy

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Goldenmoher wrote:

@Mz iMac  Love your story. I had cataract surgery 2 weeks ago, the second eye is being done tomorrow. It”s  amazing all the new things you notice. I want to know where all these wrinkles on my face came from, lol!

exactly why i chose lenses that allow me to still wear my glasses....look awful without glasses!  but colors are so much better!

Respected Contributor

I have an appointment end of next month with the eye surgeon. I will be so glad to have cataracts removed. Have put it off for years so I'm  sure it will open up a whole new world. So glad things are going well for you.

Honored Contributor

@sann

The first thing you will notice are the vivid colors!!!  Just amazing the way the color of things just pop out.

When you look in the mirror for the first time after surgery, you're goon say, "Who is that!" Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac

Reminds me of that commercial for Sears optical, where they lady looks for her cat to come in before going to bed...Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono    haha.gif

Honored Contributor

I had cat. surg done in 03-04 and laser surg on both eyes in 2004.

the difference is unbelieveable. colors are true. my husband will tell me he is wearing blue but in reality it is black. other colors same way, he may think he is wearing red but it may be a fushia or some other reddish color of some sorts.

granted i had the surg so many years ago was not given the choice of corrective lenses, i still have to wear glasses. I do see my eye doctor yearly to make sure all if OK there is not problems with both eyes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just had mine done this past April and May and the first thing I noticed is how white my bathroom sinks are. They always had a brownish hue and now they are bright white. Bought my first real pair of cool sunglasses since I never could wear them before. I’ve worn glasses (thick glasses) since I was 11. I got the expensive lenses since I did not want to wear glasses ever again and so far so good. No need for glasses.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac I love your story. Here’s an eye test for you. One’s a cat and the others a beaver.

AC9252E4-672E-41F4-AB26-B24423200315.jpeg14E1825A-9723-4916-8F9B-C78D512FAC1D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess   haha.gif

Now that my night time vision has improved.... whistling.gif