Super Contributor

Safe driving everyone, and may I recognize and thank all the men and women who HAVE to be out on the roads and in the skies and at work, keeping us all safe, warm, well supplied and comfortable! For you all, I am truly thankful. 

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Yes!  And thank you for reminding us!  As a 70 year old I have many friends and family members who spent many holidays away from their family's protecting, caring for others.  I have friends who (in some cases) postponed their own celebrations until they could be with these same people who weren't able to be there.  These are very selfless people who never complain and do it day after day.

Here's to the people who lost loved ones while those loved ones protected us and gave everything so that we could celebrate today.

I don't think we give enough credit and love to those who do without their family members and friends time after time.  I've never heard one of my friends say, "Boo hoo".  

They are also heros.  They marry and have children knowing they (as a parent, partner) will be spending Holidays and time away from that loved one.  They know they'll be celebrating Christmas, birthdays and so on without that person they've fallen love with.  That counts for something too.  Because without THEIR love, those same people would not be able to go out and protect and serve us.

Thanks to the Providers AND THEIR LOVED ONES for sharing them with us.

Honored Contributor

Thank you, @PenneyT for thinking of this.  We get so caught up in our own comforts that we forget those that don't have the option of being with their families on these holidays.  Also a shout out to all of the fireman, policeman, outside workers, etc. that work in extreme conditions year round.  Especially women that work outside....I couldn't do it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Great post @PenneyT, thanks so much for this!  In searching through many cartoons I found this one which really hit home for me as you can always spot the person that runs toward the fire as opposed to those that run away.  God bless those that are always willing to run toward the fire as you are a special group . . . Heart

Respected Contributor

I am grateful for the Meals On Wheels volunteers.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.