Regular Contributor

I thought I would share my positive experience with a website I've started using this year. It's Boxed.com.

I first tried it because I received a gift card from the Verizon rewards program, which was pretty smart on their part, because I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise.

Basically they market themselves as a type of online Costco, or big box, discount store. They sell largish sizes of non perishable grocery items.

The selection is not as big as Walmart or Target, but it has been enough for me.

And I've been happy with the prices.

They offer free shipping over a certain amount (which I always meet) and free samples. My last order, they also had free full size toilet paper package.

And they ship quick. I placed my last order Friday, and I received the package on Monday. When the package ships they send an email with the tracking info, and also a picture of your package contents as a "selfie", which I think is a cute touch. They also have a handwritten thank you note in it.

I just thought I'd share my positive experience with this company.

Esteemed Contributor

Very convenient.  This reminds me of a company I used to use - Soap.com.  The shipping was quick, priced well, and the assortment was excellent.

Soap.com expanded their offerings to many things and were eventually bought by Amazon.

I'll keep them (Boxed) in mind; thanks.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

@mom2four I just discovered Boxed this year, too...and I think it was thru Zulily! Something I ordered from Zulily shipped from Boxed, so next time I just went there. Great prices on their stuff, and yes, fast shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

I first became acquainted with BOXED through Zulily.  Zulily offers BOXED specials rather frequently, andt there is always something I need to stock up on.  As noted, the service is exceptional.

I miss SOAP!  The service was also very good, but at least the founders probably became wealthy with the Amazon buyout.

Regular Contributor

I did not know about the connection to Zulilly. That makes me a bit nervous. I hope they won't be bought by Qurate. I haven't been very happy with their acquistion of HSN.