Trusted Contributor

Your were kind enough to answer me regarding G-Mail.

One of my problems was that my incoming mail goes to trash without me deleting it after a bit.

You said to go in Settings  there is a box "Auto Delete after X days"  I cannot find that.

Any further help you can give me to find it would be so appreciated.  It drives me crazy cause if I go out awhile and come back I find e-mail in trash that I never read or deleted.

It is so frustrating.

Thanks for any further help.

Jamma

Esteemed Contributor

Jamma, I can't find it now, but I just know there was an auto delete setting when I signed up. Did you try the help link I posted? Is there a way to email or chat with them?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

I have gmail too but can't locate what you've been looking for although I did find this and hope it helps...

Gmail never deletes messages, so if messages are being auto-deleted it's due to some setting or account access you have setup.

Look in  Settings->Filters  and also in  Settings->Forwarding.  Is there anything defined in either one?

Do you access your account with an e-mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Pocomail, etc), phone, notifier, or any other add-on/tool/web-site/etc?  Is anything enabled in Settings->POP/IMAP?

Check Settings -> Accounts -> Change Account Settings -> Other Google account settings -> Security -> Account Permissions.  Have you given account access to any other web-sites or utilities?

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

@betteb wrote:

Jamma, I can't find it now, but I just know there was an auto delete setting when I signed up. Did you try the help link I posted? Is there a way to email or chat with them?

I tried the first link and found a spot to contact them---they supposedly will get back to me if necessary is how they answered me.

That message stayed in the in box for 1 hr. and didn't go to trach but to All Mail.  I don't know if I'll get a reply---we'll see. If not I'll try the other sites you posted.  It is driving me nuts.  I hate when I can't solve a problem.  It's a shame there is noone you can call and tak with.

Thanks for all your help.

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

I have gmail too but can't locate what you've been looking for although I did find this and hope it helps...

Gmail never deletes messages, so if messages are being auto-deleted it's due to some setting or account access you have setup.

Look in  Settings->Filters  and also in  Settings->Forwarding.  Is there anything defined in either one?

Do you access your account with an e-mail client (Outlook, Thunderbird, Pocomail, etc), phone, notifier, or any other add-on/tool/web-site/etc?  Is anything enabled in Settings->POP/IMAP?

Check Settings -> Accounts -> Change Account Settings -> Other Google account settings -> Security -> Account Permissions.  Have you given account access to any other web-sites or utilities?

@orangegarnet wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

I didn't see any other acccounts---nothing I truly understand I don't know what filters are.

Thanks for helping.

Jamma

Trusted Contributor

@orangegarnet wrote:

Dear orangegarnet,

Yes we do access our mail through microsoft outlook.  Is this the problem.  We have a HP lap top and thats how it was set up.  We ditched Verizon and wnet to Gmail.  Can you help further.

I appreciate any more of your time given to

@orangegarnet wrote:

@orangegarnet wrote:

Check Settings -> Accounts -> Change Account Settings -> Other Google account settings -> Security -> Account Permissions.  Have you given account access to any other web-sites or utilitie

Dear orangegarnet,

My husband in formed me that we access our mail through microsoft outlook.

We have an HP laptop and that was how it was set up.  We just ditched Verizon and went to Gmail.

Any further help or time you can give to dumb me would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely Jamm,a

Esteemed Contributor

@Jamma Try this. In the first list at the top left, there are a couple of topics there that might address your issue.

https://support.google.com/mail/topic/3406270?hl=en&ref_topic=3394215&vid=1-635763662628439961-26309...

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shout Out to bette b,

[ Edited ]

Jamma, I have microsoft outlook as well and gmail.  I am not allowed to look or touch anything in the bowels of anything, as I messed my computer up one day and my hubby had to back track and fixed it.  I don't see how the settings for outlook would affect gmail and visa versa.  Sorry I can't be of more help. 

OHHH you might ask in electronics, there are quite some computer savvy folks that could give you more information..  HTH

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

@betteb wrote:

@Jamma Try this. In the first list at the top left, there are a couple of topics there that might address your issue.

https://support.google.com/mail/topic/3406270?hl=en&ref_topic=3394215&vid=1-635763662628439961-26309...

Hi betteb...  that's the same place I was looking yesterday and copied what I did for Jamma.. Bet I over looked something, thanks for that link.

Go VOLS
Esteemed Contributor

I think she will probably find the answer under one of these 2 topics