Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I go on a cruise solo?

Absolutely go and have a wonderful time. And you won't need that Kindle at mealtime. You'll have many dining companions. Enjoy!!

Frequent Contributor

My aunt always went on cruises by her self. She always had a wonderful time. Go and enjoy

Respected Contributor

OH yes, GO GO GO.    I wouldn't think twice about it but then I went to Turkey, Hong Kong and China alone in the late 1980's!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, do go, @pegomyheart.  I'm sure you will enjoy yourself.  Just be careful of your surroundings when you're off the ship.

I went on my only cruise a couple of decades ago when I was single by myself and I enjoyed it so much!  I had my tiny cabin that I could afford and was happy, happy, happy.  Did karaoke a couple of nights, danced, went to Las Vegas type shows and most importantly.....relaxed.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pegomyheart

absolutely!!!! Just went on recently by myself (7 days) wonderful!

my spouse would never go on a cruise and I decided why not go myself? I'm planning 14 day in November if price is right for me on I think it's RC Oasis of the Seas but I prefer Holland America (smaller and more my age group)

I sat with a lovely family and a older couple for dinner (I think they adopted me)! During the day I thoroughly enjoyed poolside, reading, lounging. 

No no need to shop but did get off and made sure I got cab with others from the ship.

please go! You'll meet some new acquaintances and have a god time -- at least I think so!!! Enjoy Bon voyage

Honored Contributor

If you're even considering it, then I'd say you are a good candidate for doing it!

I have no problem *being with myself* be it shopping or at home or walking. 

But I could never go on vacation by myself, eat at a restaurant by myself or go to the movies by myself (I rarely go to the movies anyway).

I think I would feel very lonely doing any of those things.

You obviously would not and that is great!!!

I hope you decide to go and I bet you will have a great time!

Trusted Contributor

@pegomyheart You should absolutely go.  I'm about to go on vacation solo for the second year. I'm going to the same resort in Mexico that I've gone to for years, including with my ex, and I had a great time by mayself last year during the 10'days I was there.  I made plenty of friends, and really got a chance to decompress.  I had several massages, facials, went shopping, and enjoyed all the restaurants, bars, and entertainment.  You'll love it!

Respected Contributor

I just love cruising and have been on quite a few, not alone but knew if I was, it would be just fine. You'll find the people quite friendly, especially during "served" dinners.  You won't know 'til you go!  So much to do and not to do...always your choice🙆

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with everyone else , you sound totally at ease with it.  Have a great time!

Trusted Contributor

@pegomyheart...I say go and have a great time! I've never cruised solo but have done other trips. I think cruising should go well solo. We're going on a NCL cruise in a couple of weeks and I know the ship we're going on has single cabins with a designated lounge area for these cabins. You might not be into that, but I still think you'd have a good time. You can always book a tour or excursion if you didn't want to sightsee in port alone.