Respected Contributor

ShopLC is reworking its website and offering free shipping on their $1 Auctions during this time. Last night I won two auctions -- but could not pay for my items due to website glitches.

Could not get through to customer service.

This morning I was able to reach customer service after a ten minute wait. I was told they could not repair the glitches and I could not complete my purchases. The agent suggested I stay on the auctions and perhaps my items will come up again, and if I win, perhaps the glitches will have been fixed and I could actually buy the items.

A great shopping opportunity -- for masochists.

Stay away!

Honored Contributor

...."wait till those items appear again"!  Yes, I would avoid ShopLC, we have enough challenges in our lives.Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: ShopLC Website Alert

[ Edited ]

It's been going on for a couple of weeks, they must be losing money hand over fist because of their website and app problems.  They say they are upgrading them but that obviously is not true.  The phone lines are OK,  I used the automated line to buy two items on Saturday.  Jewelry gifts for my nieces.  I don't do the auctions.  Of course if the website won't accept your order, you can't use the discount for shopping the website!  

Respected Contributor

UPDATE ON SHOPLC $1 AUCTIONS

Things are a bit better but still hit-or-miss.

I returned this morning to again try to purchase my wins.  No wait for customer service. Now they are saying IF you can find the same item, bid on it at any price and they will only charge you the original win price. (That's a step forward.)

They also said if I want to bid again, I should do it through their cell app or an old Internet Explorer browser.

Couldn't find my original "stuck" items being re-auctioned. I bid on a different item through the app, won, and it got "stuck."  Same with a win placed with Internet Explorer.

BUT, at some point during the day, those items became "unstuck" and moved into the cart for purchase.

How that happened is anyone's guess. Also, the auction countdown clocks are showing different times on different pages resulting in more than one winner for the same item.

My original wins, bid on using Chrome, are still in "stuck" mode.

I guess I've got a bit of masochist in me. Woman Happy

Occasional Visitor
Insider here, I used to work on developing their website. I can confirm that the issues are happening because of an upgrade. They are shifting their entire platform over to salesforce from hybris for performance and maintainability reasons. Since the rising auctions system is so unique they have to implement it from scratch for the new platform which is why there are so many glitches. Hope this helps.