Trusted Contributor

ShopHQ / imedia Brands file for bankruptcy in Delaware

[ Edited ]

I'm sad but it was coming. Thanks Invicta d bros for destroying a good affordable place to shop. As we all knew the world DOESN'T need a ton of watches.

You can Google it. The links that pop up are paywall so here is a copy and paste. 

'iMedia Brands Inc. files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in District of Delaware court, according to a court filing.

• Estimated liabilities: $100-$500m
  • Estimated assets: $100-$500m
  • NOTE: In May, iMedia Brands: Synacor Declared Events of Default Have Occurred
    • iMedia: Substantial Doubt About Going Concern"
Honored Contributor

Re: imedia Brands {Shop Hq} file for bankruptcy in Delaware

Plus their ridiculous Bulldog Shopping Network, and their Shophq After Dark never seemed like sound business moves. 

Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Plus their ridiculous Bulldog Shopping Network, and their Shophq After Dark never seemed like sound business moves. 

A very Bro thing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, they should have changed the name to The Watch Channel. Seemed that item was on 90% of the time. Never cared for the clothing lines they sold. They had that massed produced look to them.

Respected Contributor

I remember when it was called ValueVision they had a great selection of gold jewelry at decent competetive prices 

Respected Contributor

@Estellee I also remember--great jewelry. For example I have a stampato bracelet 14 karat, 23 grams for $230.

Gold was $225 an ounce

HSN had fabulous deals in clearance.

QVC had monthly gem days, highlighting birthstone for that month. I used. to watch round the clock on Gem Day.

Trusted Contributor

@Estellee wrote:

I remember when it was called ValueVision they had a great selection of gold jewelry at decent competetive prices 

Not just gold, but a terrific selection of jewelry designers working in both gold and sterling. They would often have emerging designers with smaller outputs, as well as established lines.  It's really a shame what happened.

Frequent Contributor

Re: imedia Brands { ShopHQ } file for bankruptcy in Delaware

Can't say I'm surprised. They've been on a downhill slide for quite sometime. I seldom watch anymore. With Tom Brennan gone even the Waterford shows last week were boring. And Michael Valitutti has been posting about trying to get problems he's been having resolved but keeps saying he will be back soon. Maybe he should move on too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IMW Yes, I remember the Stampado bracelets when they used to sell by gram weight.  I also have one. 

Respected Contributor

@Bookplate It's true, smaller manufacturers with great prices, I miss the good old days.