Respected Contributor

Re: Shooting In Munich, Germany

To tell you the truth, if I had to pick a city in Germany that was safe, it would be Munich.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

To tell you the truth, if I had to pick a city in Germany that was safe, it would be Munich.

The last I heard was about an hour ago and they were saying there were people in hiding in the Munich beer halls.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm one of the few who have been taking certain threats very seriously.  Enough said.

Before people chastise you for this, and they will, I will say that this is just where we are at in today's world.

It used to be that we all knew where the bad sides of a town were, or what neighborhoods it migh not be safe to be in after dark or walking alone. But today, it's open season.

Whether people want to believe it or not, we all are quickly heading to the point where every place we choose to go is going to need to be analyzed for the level of threat to our safety. 

Smart people are already thinking this way, and choosing carefully both where they go, when, and how they behave when there (to mean how situationally aware they are, noticing exits from buildings, noticing the level of security etc.)

Yes, I know that if we don't continue to live our lives 'normally', "they" win. But ultimately, our safety and security are falling more and more into the realm of our own responsibility as this madness continues.

@Mominohio

Not to disappoint you, but I haven't seen anyone chastising ROMARY.

@Hi @ROMARY Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

This was just a nut , not isis, so sad he killed these people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It doesn't matter 'who' and their reasons why (whether men. ill or other), but we do live in dangerous times.  Just be aware of our surroundings, and remind our teens to do the same.   It makes me very nervous to see them always looking down, texting: Crossing streets in traffic, cutting through park settings, etc.  Totally unaware.  Seriously, we have to move out of their way or they will walk right into us.  Well, wishing them and all of us good luck. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@starlet wrote:

Nightly News reporting it looks like Right Wing Neo Nazi mad about refugees. VIdeo of gunman on roof of mall cursing out "foreigners" saying he is German.

@starlet wrote:

Nightly News reporting it looks like Right Wing Neo Nazi mad about refugees. VIdeo of gunman on roof of mall cursing out "foreigners" saying he is German.

@starlet

I also saw a report where the gunman identified himself as German and I knew about the anniversary. 

Associated Press wrote that the gunman was "German Iranian" and that the suspect was a dual citizen,

Esteemed Contributor

Another unhappy person that went bonkers. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

Columbine, Colorado

Charleston, South Carolina

Aurora, Colorado

Sandy Hook, Connecticut

I've BEEN worried

With the exception of Oklahoma City, most if not all of the incidents you cite have involved mentally ill shooters.  That's quite different from the situation in Israel and now in Europe involving deliberate, planned acts of terrorism..

The German teen was mentally disturbed...not a terror act.

Although, what difference does it make? The relatives will grieve just the same.

ALL acts of violence like this are horrible, IMO.