Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

I was reading at the OPs link that helmets are not required in New Hampshire. Theres no word on if any of the victims were wearing them or not. Cant believe that is not a mandatory law in all states.

What a mess that photo is, God bless their souls.   Smiley Sad 

@SeaGal. New Hampshire is the ‘Live Free or Die’ state.
Although, under 18 must wear them.

@proudlyfromNJ, as if wearing a helmet is an expression of freedom. Do they also not require seatbelts?

@suzyQ3.  No, they don’t require seatbelts.

@proudlyfromNJ, then emind to stay in my Live Safely and Avoid Death state.

@suzyQ3.  LoL! I’d post a pic of their license plate but am not up on how to post pictures.

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ , ok now that does makes sense in military lingo. Im embarrassed that I didnt know that or had forgotten it along the yrs. Thank you.   Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@SeaGal wrote:

I was reading at the OPs link that helmets are not required in New Hampshire. Theres no word on if any of the victims were wearing them or not. Cant believe that is not a mandatory law in all states.

What a mess that photo is, God bless their souls.   Smiley Sad 

@SeaGal. New Hampshire is the ‘Live Free or Die’ state.
Although, under 18 must wear them.

@proudlyfromNJ, as if wearing a helmet is an expression of freedom. Do they also not require seatbelts?

@suzyQ3.  No, they don’t require seatbelts.

@proudlyfromNJ, then emind to stay in my Live Safely and Avoid Death state.

@suzyQ3.  LoL! I’d post a pic of their license plate but am not up on how to post pictures.

@proudlyfromNJ 

Image result for pic of new hampshire license plate motto

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3.  Hey, thanks. 

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3.  Hey, thanks. 

@proudlyfromNJ, it's easy. Just google.

In this case, google "New Hampshire license plate pics."

Then click on "more images."

Then click on the one you want.

Then on that page right-click on the pic and choose "copy image."

Come back here and insert where you want it by using Ctrl V.

That's how I do it, but other may do it slightly differently.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3.  Thanks for the help, but I’m on an IPad. I miss right click. LoL

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

I’m anxious to hear details too. 

About young/new drivers, some states have restrictions on how late they can drive and how many others can be in the car with them. 

As far as right of way goes...I sometimes find myself in that situation where someone doesn’t remember the rules and crosses in front of me, taking my right of way. I think to myself “you can be right and you can be dead.”  And I wait. 

@esmerelda, I remind my husband about this all the time, although I use an "or" instead of an "and." 

To be a defensive driver, I was taught that you don't "take" the right of way. You "yield" the right of way.

It's served me well.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@suzyQ3.  Thanks for the help, but I’m on an IPad. I miss right click. LoL

@proudlyfromNJ  Hey, maybe it might help someone else. I'm probably the last person in the world on a desktop.

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

About young/new drivers, some states have restrictions on how late they can drive and how many others can be in the car with them. 

As far as right of way goes...I sometimes find myself in that situation where someone doesn’t remember the rules and crosses in front of me, taking my right of way. I think to myself “you can be right and you can be dead.”  And I wait. 

@esmerelda, I remind my husband about this all the time, although I use an "or" instead of an "and." 

To be a defensive driver, I was taught that you don't "take" the right of way. You "yield" the right of way.

It's served me well.

@Ms tyrion2, oh, my husband doesn't take the right of way. But if someone takes it from him, well, let's just say that I start chanting reminders to him.

It's funny because he's not really impulsive anywhere else.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

It's served me well.

@Ms tyrion2, oh, my husband doesn't take the right of way. But if someone takes it from him, well, let's just say that I start chanting reminders to him.

It's funny because he's not really impulsive anywhere else.

I get it @suzyQ3 .

My best friend's husband is the most mellow, kind person imaginable.  Behind the wheel,  he is (ahem) assertive.  😁