Honored Contributor

Shocking road acceident

[ Edited ]

7 Motorcyclists killed in crash involving a truck.  Very rare to hear about this.  

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/us/new-hampshire-accident-motorcyclists-pickup-truck/index.html

Honored Contributor

That is horrific...wonder if the truck driver was impaired or fell asleep.I can’t imagine the sadness for all those families.

Honored Contributor

Such sad news.... it is so dangerous out there on the roadways... and especially for bikers. They have no protection. 

Respected Contributor

i just saw this headline on yahoo and it is horrific. so very sad.

Honored Contributor

It was on our local news last night ,just a terrible accident ,people where trying to help the injured,but many were dead,some of the riders were marine vets,it is a trip they do.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

Just yesterday in our city 2 people on a motorcycle were killed. How? A young inexperienced 16 year old girl made a left turn, according to witnesses, right in front of the oncoming(having the right of way)motorcyclist. Why? Maybe having 4 other teenage girls in the car, and it was 1:45am. 

Now both mother and father of 3 kids are dead, the 16 year old driver? So far charged only "Failure to yield to oncoming traffic". Hopefully more serious charges will be filed. Were I  driving that vehicle, I would probably still be sitting in a jail cell charged with Vehicular Homicide.

Saying it is sad, for me, is putting it mildly.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Just yesterday in our city 2 people on a motorcycle were killed. How? A young inexperienced 16 year old girl made a left turn, according to witnesses, right in front of the oncoming(having the right of way)motorcyclist. Why? Maybe having 4 other teenage girls in the car, and it was 1:45am. 

Now both mother and father of 3 kids are dead, the 16 year old driver? So far charged only "Failure to yield to oncoming traffic". Hopefully more serious charges will be filed. Were I  driving that vehicle, I would probably still be sitting in a jail cell charged with Vehicular Homicide.

Saying it is sad, for me, is putting it mildly.

hckynut

How awful.  most states have a curfew for minor drivers as well as a passenger limit.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shocking road acceident

[ Edited ]

@Warrior2022 

Last weekend 4 girls, 15-16 years old were killed in a single car wreck. The 16 year old driver ran right into the blunt end where the guard rail started. Went into a ditch, caught fire, only 1 survived with 3rd degree burns over a lot of her body.

She survived because she was thrown out of the car on impact. The other 4 were so bad they had to use dental records to ID their remains. Again, early "am" with 5 teens in the car. Report said high speed was involved. Sickening! 

Parents better wake up and understand that inexperienced young 16 year olds, just don't get the finality of their actions. I drove at 16, but I  saved for years to buy my car, that was in 1955. Now 2019 and I have never been the driver in 1 single vehicle crash. 

I just "shake my head" because some parents think 16 is some magic age where their 15 year old baby, suddenly was experienced in everything. Some can't get 'em in a car quick enough.

Sorry for rambling, but these things are hard to hear/read. While they are very sad, they are 1 of the few things that really bother me.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@Warrior2022 

Last weekend 4 girls, 15-16 years old were killed in a single car wreck. The 16 year old driver ran right into the blunt end where the guard rail started. Went into a ditch, caught fire, only 1 survived with 3rd degree burns over a lot of her body.

She survived because she was thrown out of the car on impact. The other 4 were so bad they had to use dental records to ID their remains. Again, early "am" with 5 teens in the car. Report said high speed was involved. Sickening! 

Parents better wake up and understand that inexperienced young 16 year olds, just don't get the finality of their actions. I drove at 16, but I  saved for years to buy my car, that was in 1955. Now 2019 and I have never been the driver in 1 single vehicle crash. 

I just "shake my heads" because some parents think 16 is some magic age where their 15 year old baby, suddenly was experienced in everything. Some can't get 'em in a car quick enough.

Sorry for rambling, but these things are hard to hear/read. While they are very sad, they are 1 of the few things that really bother me.

hckynut(john)

I agree with you.  In my town parents can't wait for their kids to drive and they all have fancy new cars.  I was a mean mom.  Mine did not get his permit until 16 and license at 18.  And he drove our cars.  He also had a after school job at 14.  When he was 19 he had enough saved for a nice down payment on a nice USED car.  He makes his own payments as well as insurance.   He is now 20, works hard and has his own solid credit score.

Horrible parents that we are. He now "gets" it.

Honored Contributor

Just so horrible!