Occasional Contributor

I ordered an item on the 27th and 28th from qvc. Neither had shipped as of 1 Nov. I ordered several items from hsn on 30 Oct. TWO have shipped as of 31 Oct. why is hsn's   shipping so much faster than qvc? Just asking.

Honored Contributor

@9   Sorry, but we're customers just like you and not warehouse workers so we don't know what's going on there.  Much of the HSN merchandise is shipped from the sane location as the QVC merchandise.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@9 

Since you are new on this forum! Reread the post by @Kachina624

hckynut(john)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Welcome to the Forum @9  Your question is commonly discussed here.

I agree, HSN's shipping is much faster, so is all other retailers I use.

We can only speculate why QVC continues to be bogged down with problems they never seem to be able to solve.  From what I observe from a business standpoint, it points to incompetence since other retailers are not having similar problems.  

Honored Contributor

How would we know?  Your guess is as good anyone's.

Honored Contributor

@9   Shortest nickname I have ever seen.

Welcome to the boards.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

That is the way QVC is. If it ships in less than a week you are lucky. Sometimes it will show as in process for a week or more and then switch to Advanced order or Backorder.

Honored Contributor

I have a rule about TV or mail order shopping.  I NEVER order from anyone if there is a deadline, like Christmas or a special occasion.  QVC has obviously decided years ago that shipping quickly is not high on the priority list.  I choose to put up with it.  HSN has been just the opposite in my experience.  Too bad my favorite lines are here.

Respected Contributor

I have a different theory...

QVC probably pays a contracted bulk rate to ship items....maybe it's REALLY low and the packages from QVC, when scanned at the FEDEX and UPS docks are given less priority than shippers who pay the higher rates...( you can bet QVC makes something from that fee...what's left over goes to the shipper of choice....)

So your package goes from NJ to Missouri to California to your home in Virginia because the packages are sitting on a dock where they were emptied from the tractor trailer, waiting to be loaded again, after shippers who pay more to ship thier stuff is put on the truck.

The warehouse needs to be kept moving, so they just toss the cheaper paying freight to the FRONT of the box trailer, where it's loaded first, unloaded last, and handled AFTER the freight payers who pay more.

Blaming the shippers is getting old. Chewy and Amazon deliver in one day, and use the same shippers. I can get Amazon, with thier giant warehouse system and some of thier own trucks, but does Chewy have warehouses all over? 

Doesn't make sense. And I've mentioned before, though we think it's a lot ( the shipping charge) it really is not. Look at E-bay and see what it costs to ship some item you like...and remember, the buyer pays that shipping!

And even the companies with free shipping...that cost is rolled into the product, and it may be free to us, but the shipper still charges to ship, and they have all raised thier rates considerably in the last year....

We all pays in the end!!!

Regular Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

I have a different theory...

QVC probably pays a contracted bulk rate to ship items....maybe it's REALLY low and the packages from QVC, when scanned at the FEDEX and UPS docks are given less priority than shippers who pay the higher rates...( you can bet QVC makes something from that fee...what's left over goes to the shipper of choice....)

So your package goes from NJ to Missouri to California to your home in Virginia because the packages are sitting on a dock where they were emptied from the tractor trailer, waiting to be loaded again, after shippers who pay more to ship thier stuff is put on the truck.

The warehouse needs to be kept moving, so they just toss the cheaper paying freight to the FRONT of the box trailer, where it's loaded first, unloaded last, and handled AFTER the freight payers who pay more.

Blaming the shippers is getting old. Chewy and Amazon deliver in one day, and use the same shippers. I can get Amazon, with thier giant warehouse system and some of thier own trucks, but does Chewy have warehouses all over? 

Doesn't make sense. And I've mentioned before, though we think it's a lot ( the shipping charge) it really is not. Look at E-bay and see what it costs to ship some item you like...and remember, the buyer pays that shipping!

And even the companies with free shipping...that cost is rolled into the product, and it may be free to us, but the shipper still charges to ship, and they have all raised thier rates considerably in the last year....

We all pays in the end!!!

Actually I receive my orders quite fast once it ships. The problem I have is that it takes a week or more before it ships. My last order was in process for over a week and then switched to Advance order.  I cancelled it.