Honored Contributor

I 'm fond of bragging about what good luck I have with my online orders. Well last week a small item from Amazon was lost, of course they took care of the refund right away. The yesterday some Clark's boots that I ordered from Amazon arrived in the right box, but they were enormous men's sneakers. I'm off to the UPS store tomorrow. Then today, I received a large order from Walmart, and one item was missing. I did an online chat and was told I would get a replacement. Although, these problems were resolved, I think I'm going to lay off ordering for a while. I think my luck has run out. 😂

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Sorry about your shopping experience hitting some obstacles.  Sometimes we need to take a break and while not give up, just take a rest.  I go through cycles of shopping and then not buying anything for awhile.  I do miss shopping at stores and while I can still do that I haven't  unless necessary.

Your lucky streak will return and shopping will resume!   Meanwhile enjoy the items you bought!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

Sorry about your shopping experience hitting some obstacles.  Sometimes we need to take a break and while not give up, just take a rest.  I go through cycles of shopping and then not buying anything for awhile.  I do miss shopping at stores and while I can still do that I haven't  unless necessary.

Your lucky streak will return and shopping will resume!   Meanwhile enjoy the items you bought!!!!!

True, however , for the most part ( except for the boots ) everything was a household necessity. I'll just have brave the store for awhile. 😷

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yeah, girl , it's awful what's going on. I think I'm gonna just quit watching the shopping shows for awhile and just satisfy myself with the Mall.

Too many let downs, disappointments, just plain aggravation. Nobody knows what's really going on with the postal system, etc.  Let them play their games I'm not going to be part of it.

I wanted a Brighton watch. The montecito watch. I just went and bought it from a Boutique. I'm not messing with any mail orders.

Honored Contributor

I ordered something from a small online company that was sent USPS 2-day priority and it took 8 days to get here.

The best luck I've had is with things I've ordered from Sam's Club.  They ship FedEx and my orders have arrived within 2 or 3 days.

And I did order new Tracfones from HSN and they were shipped and arrived quite quickly.

But like others, I've cut down a lot on what I order.  Certainly no food from the Q.

Honored Contributor

I just had an Amazon order get lost in the mail.  They did indeed issue a refund quickly, a few days after its expected delivery date.  That's the first time an Amazon order--or any order of mine--has just gone missing.  I've had some orders delayed, but not just vanished.

I ordered a replacement and it arrived within a couple of days, so who knows what the problem was with the first one.

Respected Contributor

Can you imagine what it will be like at Christmas time.  I have been picking up stuff now and more gift card giving this year or cash.   Support the locals as much as I can.  

Not as many to buy for any more really.  Also older kids like cash to buy what they want.  Sending some items direct too.

I do not order much on line and mostly QVC when I do.  I head to the stores some but I found out less shopping is ok with me.  I don't need as much as I thought I did.  I have cleaned and organized and opened my eyes big time.

Trusted Contributor

Sorry your shipping luck has briefly hit a snag.  Lately, Walmart's two- day delivery is requiring seven days for me. Chewy also has been slower. For me, I am not sure if the problem is FrdEx or the actual company.