Honored Contributor

Just had my first item, a shirt, ship from the huge new Bethlehem, Pa., QVC warehouse.  My sister sent me a copy of an ad she saw this week locally in PA., advertising for help in the warehouse, in case you know someone seeking a job.  Sounded like a pretty good deal for entry level workers.

Now, we'll see how long it takes to get to me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping From New Warehouse

@Kachina624    I wish you luck!    (I wonder why they don't open a warehouse in the MIDDLE of the country.....like maybe Nebraska.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624    I wish you luck!    (I wonder why they don't open a warehouse in the MIDDLE of the country.....like maybe Nebraska.)

@Desertdi, I would suspect a big part of the reason would be the distance from shipping ports.  I would think the majority of products arrive by boat.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

Not too far from NY via I-78. This area is over loaded with very large warehouses. Makes for traffic nightmares, broken roads that weren't made for travel by large trucks and pollution (from truck traffic). If there's an empty tract of land, soon there will be a very large warehouse being built, sometimes right in your own back yard.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

I ordered a Linea top last Tuesday and it shipped from the Bethlehem PA warehouse, and it is out for delivery here Monday!  Very fast compared to past orders.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi    It's all about UPS and other transportation hubs.  I imagine the weather is a factor too.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

I’ve received some things shipped from Bethlehem. That is the new warehouse? I never gave it a thought.

My D&C beach pants were ordered 4/12 and they weren’t processed until 4/19. There was some big mess and the orders were showing as advance orders for a while. Lots of posts about it. They left Bethlehem on 4/20 and I had them on 4/23.

The problem has always been what happens from the time I order to the time something actually leaves a warehouse. The travel time is almost always quick. So far, that hasn’t changed and has gotten worse. Fingers crossed it improves. 

Respected Contributor

Pa. company will lay off 1,124 employees at its soon-to-be-closed distribution center
Updated Apr 30, 2020; Posted Apr 30, 2020 

More than 1,100 people will be laid off from a distribution center in Lancaster County after the distribution center closes.

QVC will be permanently closing and ceasing all operations at its distribution center at 1000 Stony Battery Road in West Hempfield Township.

The closing of the distribution center was first announced by the shopping network’s parent company, the Qurate Retail Group back in October of 2018.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/04/pa-company-will-lay-off-1124-employees-at-its-soon-to-be-close... 

Respected Contributor

My Linea order arrived this Sunday morning from the Bethlehem warehouse, must have had some kind of expedited delivery!! 

I ordered it on Tues. afternoon, came Sunday special delivery by a very handsome postal worker to my front door at 10 a.m.  That's some of the fastest delivery I've had in a year or so.