Super Contributor

Shipping Dept Issues

[ Edited ]

What is going on with the Shipping Department. Anyone else notice the timing of processing.  Sometimes things sit in limbo forever, then other times you go on line to cancel an item you just ordered and low and behold you get a notice that says "sorry already being shipped" . Today a sweater I ordered last night said in processing, then later it said backordered, so I cancelled the order and for the heck of it (because I did not believe it was already sold out) I checked stock and it did not show on waitlist so I reordered the same item and now it is in processing again and ready to ship....go figure! Glad I checked! But should be able to trust the system.

I also have a pair of 4 pocket denim jeans on order for about a month now, and seems like every couple of days it changes from "processing" to "backordered" then back to "processing" again. Geez!!!!

Regular Contributor

I have something I ordered on Oct 10th and it says in process. I tried to cancel it. Its been way too long. It wouln't let me cancel and I called. They said they are aware of the problem but they can not cancel it. And I have to wait for it to ship to send it back . It was a gift I do not need anymore. Because I had to go and get something else for the person

Awesome not!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Dept Issues

[ Edited ]

@Robin1869When your unwanted package arrives, don't open it, write "return to sender" on it and give it back to your mail carrier or whoever delivered it.  You won't be charged return postage.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I've had something "in process" for 10 days now and have called 3 times about it. None of the Customer Service people I have talked to can explain.  The last one said he would send something up to corporate and they would call me.  It was supposed to be delivered yesterday.  I asked what was going on and he said he had no idea.  I can't cancel either.  I'm really glad this wasn't a gift also.

Honored Contributor

@Robin1869 wrote:

I have something I ordered on Oct 10th and it says in process. I tried to cancel it. Its been way too long. It wouln't let me cancel and I called. They said they are aware of the problem but they can not cancel it. And I have to wait for it to ship to send it back . It was a gift I do not need anymore. Because I had to go and get something else for the person

Awesome not!!!

Just don't accept the package when it does come.  

Honored Contributor

I called today to complain about an item I ordered in stock, then, we’re sorry, no longer available, then, on waitlist, now, in procsee.

Q really needs to tighten up on this.

How can there be serious expectations that anyone would order a gift when fulfillment is so iffy?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree and @Kachina624   I've asked the mods in Customer Care about this and was told do NOT do this because it usually messes up your return. I asked "in what way" and was told that in their experience, it can cause a delay of months in getting a refund. Apparently packages can sit for a long time and it complicates the already nightmarish tracking system that QVC has; they simply can't find the package until it shows up. They have no proof (nor do you) that you didn't accept the package.

Have either of you done this with a QVC package? If so, any issues?

Occasional Contributor

I ordered several items on Silver Day.  Shipping detail on the Q site says delivered via USPS.  Nothing received.  Contacted Customer Service, who offered to send replacements or get refund.  I want to know where it went.

Now second order, of a purse which I wanted to use this weekend/next week, also was "delivered" via USPS yesterday.  NOTHING again.  I've contacted Customer Service again, but I doubt they can find out anything.

I'm going to my local USPS branch tomorrow, which I'll probably end up with nothing.  So much for the Convenience factor of  QVC.   

Why are they continuing to use USPS?  I live in a community where we have the long row of boxes, where a key for the parcel compartment is placed in your own locked box.  I even walked to a neighbor's address that is close to mine.  Nothing again.   I have been a customer for well over 20 years, never ever had this issue.  I will think twice before ordering anything else from QVC.  I have NEVER had any issues with Amazon, plus I get it in 1 to 2 days.  

Maybe they need to concentrate on ONE channel and get the basics down right?

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@chrystaltree and @Kachina624   I've asked the mods in Customer Care about this and was told do NOT do this because it usually messes up your return. I asked "in what way" and was told that in their experience, it can cause a delay of months in getting a refund. Apparently packages can sit for a long time and it complicates the already nightmarish tracking system that QVC has; they simply can't find the package until it shows up. They have no proof (nor do you) that you didn't accept the package.

Have either of you done this with a QVC package? If so, any issues?

@SahmIam. Yes, I've done this on occasion but not often.  I wouldn't make a habit of returning things on QVC's dime unless they were responsible for a mishap.  Didn't have any problems.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment