Occasional Contributor

Has anyone noticed here lately that things that are bought on the internet is shipped UPS then transferred to the Post Office to deliver, which adds 1 to 2 more days then to get it. I am getting frustrated, I have to order my meds thru the mail and it is taking longer and longer to receive them, the last I ordered it took 7 days for it to go thru all the hands that touched it.

Anyone else notice this ?

New Contributor

My last few items came via 'sure post' and I hate it - I am in PA and usually get a QVC order within 3 days after ordering, now it is about 7 days - sure post is another word for pony express.  The Q must be hurting to do this change.  Wish they'd go back to straight UPS.

Trusted Contributor

Shipping costs monehy, and SurePost allows QVC to save mone on shipping, reducing the rates it charges customers.

People constantly complain on the price of shipping, but no one wants to pay for it. 

Respected Contributor

The reason I prefer Surepost is USPS delivers on Saturday, UPS does not.  When an item arrives into town from around 10AM and later on a Friday, those packages will not be placed on to a truck for delivery but instead will arrive on Monday end of day after being stored for 3 days in an unairconditioned trailer.  Fedex doesn't do this....they are very good about immediately delivering a package as soon as it arrives into town.  Of course Qvc doesn't use them....other vendors do which I appreciate.  

Honored Contributor

And some place like Amazon deliver on Sundays.

As long as whatever I order arrives in a somewhat timely manner, I'm happy..

People in this country are sooo spoiled, yet complain more and more.

Especially re: luxuries that they think are necessities.

Get over yourselves, shut up, and just deal. 

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Not spoiled in the least.  I pay good money for products that I don't want ruined by being exposed to excessive heat in an unairconditioned trailer for 3 days.  Is UPS a storage company or a shipping company?  No one else pulls that ******.  

Honored Contributor

@foundinlv wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Not spoiled in the least.  I pay good money for products that I don't want ruined by being exposed to excessive heat in an unairconditioned trailer for 3 days.  Is UPS a storage company or a shipping company?  No one else pulls that ******.  

I understand when an order is temperature- sensitive,  as well as paying for any s/h charges.

But you don't know for certain that all  UPS  (or other) trailers are not air-conditioned or temperature-controlled in some way.

If an order is  temperature/humidity -sensitive, most companies will either not ship it, or will enclose it in dry ice or something else that keeps cool/cold.

BTW, I didn't specify you; I directed what I said earlier on this thread towards self-entitled Americans in general.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your reply feline groovy.  Qvc doesn't consider skincare to be persishable like a food item that is shipped on dry ice.  They are packaged professionally though.  I do know that the UPS trailers that are used to store stuff awaiing delivery, are not air conditioned.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping Changes

[ Edited ]

@foundinlv wrote:

Thanks for your reply feline groovy.  Qvc doesn't consider skincare to be persishable like a food item that is shipped on dry ice.  They are packaged professionally though.  I do know that the UPS trailers that are used to store stuff awaiing delivery, are not air conditioned.  

Thanks back, foundinlv.

It's a shame that anything that has a label stating "keep cool" or "keep cold" can't stay that way.

Wonder how other places ship those items.

I'm sure you realize, though, that the Q won't change any policy unless it hits where it hurts - their bottom line.

Just like many companies, an enormous amount of customers have to give them negative feedback in order for it to worth the business's efforts.

Of course, losing customers on a regular basis for the same reason can have a similar effect.  

Respected Contributor

I'm not a fan myself, but I imagine it's really cost effective to do it that way.   Generally  USPS are delivering on a route they know, UPS is not.  Those big old trucks can't have good mileage.  I've had my stuff delivered down the street more than once from UPS.  We have similiar names and our house number is the same, just different street names.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*