Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shield Masks

[ Edited ]

Yes, it does.  "To outlaw" means one thing, meaning that the action carries the weight of legislation.   "To ban"or "to require" has another meaning. 

Respected Contributor

At my doctors office they all wear masks & shields together.

Respected Contributor

There have been a few studies that show shields and masks are a GREAT combination.

Masks without shields are next best.

Shields with no masks were NOT recommended.

There were US and European studies on this.

Respected Contributor

The shield must be worn with a mask.  Wearing a shield with a mask helps protect your eyes. 

Honored Contributor

There's just too much air movement which goes unrestricted around, inside and outside of a face shield to make it worth wearing. About the only thing they are good for is when someone tries to spit or vomit on your face...seriously.

Respected Contributor

I used to wear a mask but now wear a face shield & so do most in my area. My shield is on a glass frame that goes from mid forehead to mid neck & almost ear to ear. I clean the shield everytime I take it off & it needs it..the area directly in front of the nose & mouth is covered in droplets, it's filthy. The first time I removed my shield  after wearing it for 10 minutes I was stunned & threw all my masks away, I'll never wear a mask again.

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

I used to wear a mask but now wear a face shield & so do most in my area. My shield is on a glass frame that goes from mid forehead to mid neck & almost ear to ear. I clean the shield everytime I take it off & it needs it..the area directly in front of the nose & mouth is covered in droplets, it's filthy. The first time I removed my shield  after wearing it for 10 minutes I was stunned & threw all my masks away, I'll never wear a mask again.

You may want to do some research on this before making such a poor decision.

Honored Contributor

I think I will try wearing the shield with mask again in certain scarier situations and by that I mean any store.

It does fog up and make it harder to breathe but good for short times.

I got 3 from Amazon for about $11.

What I really don't like about them is cleaning them. Cause you feel like you have to be super careful not to get any contact germs on you and have clorox wipes or lysol spray available!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Shield Masks

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Yes, it does.  "To outlaw" means one thing, meaning that the action carries the weight of legislation.   "To ban"or "to require" has another meaning. 

At the most, @Johnnyeager, the poster's choice of words was poor. I think, though, that we know exactly what she meant.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland