Honored Contributor

I have seen people wearing shield masks, it's like a visor they wear around their head with the shield in front of their face. Now they don't wear a face masks along with it, just the shield. Do you think the shield offers enough protection, it just seems to me germs can leak out from underneath the shield?

Honored Contributor

I do not think it provides enough protection alone without a mask

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

I have read that worn alone without a mask,  they do not provide adequate protection.

Regular Contributor

You are correct. The shield protects the person wearing it but doesn't protect other people from the wearer.

Trusted Contributor

No.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

I have a shield that I do not wear.  The plastic is foggy so I can't see clearly and not particularly comfortable.  I bought it on the recommendation of a poster here.

They do NOT take the place of mask on an airplane which is one of the reasons I purchased it.

Honored Contributor

No, in fact my office has outlawed wearing face shields. 

Trusted Contributor

I bought a shield that is attached to something that looks a bit of glasses frame. I bought it to wear as a pollworker but kept my face mask on all the time. Very comfortable and have worn my sunglasses underneath, prescription, and forget I have it on. My husband wears his with mask when out shopping and has found it very comfortable.

We wouldn't wear it without the mask

Esteemed Contributor

Where is there an office that has the power to pass laws?

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Where is there an office that has the power to pass laws?

@Johnnyeager Is that any different than a hospital requiring employees to get a flu vaccine or lose their job?