Esteemed Contributor

Fascinating!  Anyone else watching?

Respected Contributor
Yes, I love shark week! A little disappointed that it interrupted Deadliest Catch, but it will be back next week.
Honored Contributor
I've watched off and on. Guess I've seen too many shark weeks because I get a bit weary of them swimming around, and around, and around...well, you know.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Can  you stand it?  SHARK WEEK and WIMBLEDON in the same week!  I am exhausted!  LOL!!!!  LOVE them both!

Esteemed Contributor

Love shark week.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I do not understand how some of these divers go into the shark infested waters wearing only a wet suit and do not get attacked!? It is amazing.

Honored Contributor
It was so educational back in the early 90's when it gained steam...and was cute in the 00's, but now with 'Sharknado' rising to the top, it's just a tired 'bit'.

It's reported more people die from interactions with Cows than sharks (4-5x more). Maybe Discovery Channel needs to start 'Cow Week'...?!
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:
It was so educational back in the early 90's when it gained steam...and was cute in the 00's, but now with 'Sharknado' rising to the top, it's just a tired 'bit'.

It's reported more people die from interactions with Cows than sharks (4-5x more). Maybe Discovery Channel needs to start 'Cow Week'...?!

HAHAHA, Cow Week would be great!  People are hurt when they are knocked over or run over by cows, not eaten by them. ( Many more people have cows than have sharks!!)

Honored Contributor

I've always loved sharks and have swum with scores of them, in my scuba-diving days.   My favorite animal!  Heart

I've watched a couple of the shows and I think I have 2 or 3 more of them in my shows to watch.

I did happen to catch a couple where people were killing them and I deleted that as fast as I could.  That is very much NOT ok.  

><^>

Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
I feel that sharks are the pitbulls of the ocean (there is a dog shark by the way) Very misunderstood. I hate it when they kill the sharks for their fins. Smiley Sad

Theres a small island in the middle of nowhere where the sharks are treated with respect. The villagers spear fish on something no bigger than a paddleboard. The sharks swim around them and seem to leave them alone. The people leave the sharks alone too. They are notkilled for their fins. For decades the islanders seem to coexist peacefully with the sharks.