Respected Contributor

Re: Shamima Begum the teen who left the UK to Join ISIS

@Laura14 wrote:

@suzyQ3   The government can't just strip you of citizenship by law if you are naturally born because the 14th Amendment specifically forbids it.  Just google it and you'll see it.    

Read post no. 46, she certainly can have her citizenship taken away.  I'd say she qualifies to lose it if anyone does.

Honored Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@suzyQ3   The government can't just strip you of citizenship by law if you are naturally born because the 14th Amendment specifically forbids it.  Just google it and you'll see it.    

Read post no. 46, she certainly can have her citizenship taken away.  I'd say she qualifies to lose it if anyone does.

Have to agree if not her...WHO?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tyak  I did and unless you can prove "voluntarily" she's off the hook. 

If she was influenced or brain washed or let's just go with pure biology that the brain is not finished developing until age 25, she's off the hook.

The first part abourt armed forces of a foreign state is not applicable.  I don't think ISIS has ever been recognized as the armed forces of Syria. Even if, you still have that "voluntarily" hurdle to jump and I don't think you do that especially with a kid.     

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My honest opinion is forget stripping citizenship. 

Bring her back and give her a HUGE timeout, possibly permanently, and make an example out of her. 

Best thing the government can do for kids on Twitter and Youtube everywhere.  

Respected Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

There is a push to come back.  Washington Post ran a sympathetic article about the kids of those who left the U.S. to fight for the caliphate claiming we should welcome them back.  Hmmmm.   And what did they learn from their parents?

The WaPo would be compassionate about something of this nature.....what do you expect from the biased Bezo's newspaper!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bravo to the UK for removing her citizenship and banning her from entering the country.  She made choices and has also shown what kind of mother she was to two of her previous children who are dead.  Let her stay in Syria!  UK does not need or want terrorists and no one knows what she is capable of or what she would be capable of doing! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Isobel Archer wrote:

I'm not sure why we would have an obligation ot pick her up and bring her back.  She left on her own, let her come back the same way.

Hoda Muthana cannot come back to the US.  It was determined her father was a diplomat when she was born so she was never a US citizen.  There was no need to revoke her citizenship as she was never a US citizen. Mr. Pompeo released a statement earlier today.

Respected Contributor

@croemer wrote:

@Tyak wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Have to agree if not her...WHO?

I can think of a few who have already been through the legal system and have either pled or been found  guilty.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

My honest opinion is forget stripping citizenship. 

Bring her back and give her a HUGE timeout, possibly permanently, and make an example out of her. 

Best thing the government can do for kids on Twitter and Youtube everywhere.  

What's a huge timeout?  Prison?  No, she'd only radicalize as many there as she could,