Honored Contributor

Re: Set of sheets--color choices

Just bought some peach/rose colored sheets from Pottery Barn and they are SOOOO cozy looking and feeling!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know I'll be in the minority but I won't buy sheets unless they are 50% Cotton/50% Polyester because I love that they are cool feeling and last a very long time.  I love crisp white, but also tans... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Sage is my personal favorite. I find it very peaceful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but last year I purchased a set of microfiber sheets from QVC and love them!  They're cool in the summer months, durable, ultra soft and from what I've read on reviews they wick moisture away quickly.  

I favor pale gray, sage, lavender and blue for calming colors.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

i have a dark blue set of sheets i love, enjoy them when i have them on my bed.

i too got new sheets late last year, (new mattress-old sheets no longer fit my mattress). I purchased all kinds of color sheets, i just find my dark blue the nicest

Honored Contributor

I like the color sea glass.  Bluish green.

Honored Contributor

Nobody probably likes what I like, which is cool, Smiley Happy but I like my black sheets.  I have 2 or 3 sets of black, with the tone on tone stripes so it's easier to get the fitted one on right.  

It's not always easy to find black,though, especially with the stripes and also good quality cotton.

I also have a peach set that is the perfect shade of peach (not bright, not orangey and not pink at all).

My colors for my master suite started out with that lovely, not bright, peach and burgundy.  Then, as it's my fav color, I had to add in some black and I added a clean ivory to that for contrast.   I think the 4 colors are nice together.

Esteemed Contributor

Q4U wrote:

I know I'll be in the minority but I won't buy sheets unless they are 50% Cotton/50% Polyester because I love that they are cool feeling and last a very long time.  I love crisp white, but also tans... 

@Q4u...Where do you get  your 50%Cotton/50% Polyester sheets?...I like this combination also but they are difficult to find.

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

petepetey wrote:
I am buying new sheets this week.

What color is the most calming and soothing for the master bedroom?

I'm drawn to purple, gray or sage/minty green.

@petepetey....All are lovely colors to choose from...just go with whatever you find calming and soothing for you...All of our personal tastes vary...I have a very neutral bedroom in white/cream/ivory and I love it and find it very soothing and calming....I feel like I'm sinking into a cloud on my fluffy white bed...lol

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Respected Contributor

For me, the only sheet colors that are calming are light colors; lighter the better.

I bought some dark navy blue sheets years ago and could not sleep on them.  I ended up removing them in the middle of the night and put my old standby light colored sheets back on.  Woman Wink