Super Contributor

Set of sheets--color choices

I am buying new sheets this week.

What color is the most calming and soothing for the master bedroom?

I'm drawn to purple, gray or sage/minty green.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Set of sheets--color choices

I love pale yellow sheets...but they are so hard to find these days.....then i usually go to a lighter blue shade....always 100% cotton w/o wrinkle resistant process..

Honored Contributor

I like all colors and I even have some bright ones.  When I am in bed and the lights are off, I can’t see the color of my sheets, so it doesn’t matter to me.

I buy my sheets by the fabric.  I only buy 100% cotton and no sateen...I hate slippery shiny sheets.  I also hate sheets that pill, so long stapled cotton is best. To be honest, my favorite sheets are white with a blue embroidered trim..just because they are the most comfortable.

IMO, the most calming colors for bedrooms are blue and green, colors of the sky and ocean.

Honored Contributor

We are a white sheet and white bath towels family.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I'm all about choosing sheets to coordinate/match the master bedroom. 

I used to buy just anything I loved, now it is all about creating a cohesive look of the bed. 

For me, that is solid sheets in ivory, sage, sand/light browns to go with my quilt that has a Victorian rose pattern.

Honored Contributor

I like blues, lavendar/purple.  I now have pink also.  

Honored Contributor

I don't choose sheets in that way.  I choose sheets that coordinate with the colors in my bedroom.  My bedroom is done in soft blue, lavendar and gray.  My bedroom furniture is black.  They last set of sheets I bought are a soft pearl gray.  

Honored Contributor

Of the colors OP mentioned, I think sage is calming.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy only white crisp cotton sheets.  LM

Respected Contributor

I would say go with the colors you are drawn to and make sure they are a high thread count so they are very soft and inviting. You will feel good just looking at them when you start to get into bed and it will make you feel happy as you drift off to sleep. Nothing better than something feeling cozy, soft and inviting and also being a color you love.