Honored Contributor

Nope  That doesn't even sound right.  I'd have exited immediately and deleted that email.  

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Nope  That doesn't even sound right.  I'd have exited immediately and deleted that email.  

There was no email. I came here, clicked on Sign In, and that's when it popped up on my screen.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Security Alert

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge

Ahh, that's interesting. Thank you for that info :-)

@x Hedge wrote:

@shaggygirl,

Librarian told me it's because when you first go to this site, the computer's security settings recognize there are things on the forum thatmay be a threat to the computers security.

She said its all the unknown links and photos people insert in their posts. The security reads that they're there, and are a potential threat.

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

No I haven't, but sometimes I'm asked to provide both my email address as well as my security code.  

Different thing. We all have to log in, but sometimes a browser will pop up a window warning you that a website's security certificate is out of date and ask you if you want to proceed. It warns you that your computer could be compromised if you proceed. Some systems won't even allow you to proceed at all.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirlDid not get it.  But I have gotten that notice several times in my "computer lifetime" even once in a while from a bank or a brokerage!  I always close my browser and try again -  never once did I get the message the second time and I've never followed up on why or what.