Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone else get an alert about QVC's security certificate when signing in today? Can't recall the exact words but the box that came on screen gave a choice of continuing or not or viewing the certificate.

Honored Contributor

I didn't.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Just had to sign in again and didn't get it this time.

Esteemed Contributor

No I didn’t.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't

Honored Contributor

No I haven't, but sometimes I'm asked to provide both my email address as well as my security code.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl, I think that message is possibly from your computer's system rather than from the Q site.

I get that message whenever I use the library's PCs.

@phoenixbrd, I'm always asked to provide my email and Q-code everytime I sign in to the forums.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Security Alert

[ Edited ]

@phoenixbrd wrote:

No I haven't, but sometimes I'm asked to provide both my email address as well as my security code.  

It had to do with QVC's Security Certificate, whatever that is. Nothing to do with me & my email address or anything else about me.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@shaggygirl, I think that message is possibly from your computer's system rather than from the Q site.

I get that message whenever I use the library's PCs.

@phoenixbrd, I'm always asked to provide my email and Q-code everytime I sign in to the forums.

Oh okay, thank you! I've seen it before at other sites though very rarely over the years but never here till this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl,

Librarian told me it's because when you first go to this site, the computer's security settings recognize there are things on the forum thatmay be a threat to the computers security.

She said its all the unknown links and photos people insert in their posts. The security reads that they're there, and are a potential threat.