Esteemed Contributor

This morning, I happened to be by the window when the bus stopped at a home across the street. It was 6:45.

When I rode the bus, (many mooms ago), he came at 7:15 am pretty much all the time. 

When my kids were in school, the bus came at 7:15.  Back then school started at 8:00.

How early is too early for these little ones?

Honored Contributor

Re: School bus time

[ Edited ]

We have a bus that picks kids up across the street. I’ve noticed it coming  when it is still dark. Our sunrise is 6:50.

Honored Contributor

When my son was in high school, the bus picked him up at 6:35. And he went to our local high school.

They would start serving lunch at 10:30.

Honored Contributor

The school bus stops and picks up the kids who are running all over my property every morning around 8:30 and again around 12.15 for the afternoon kindergarten kids.

If you live far from the school you attend, the bus needs to pick you up earlier than if you live close.

When my youngest was in school, he was on the bus more than an hour every morning and every afternoon coming home until he went to high school.

6:45 is awfully early....

Honored Contributor

When we lived in Henderson, NV we would see very young children and their parents waiting for a school bus at 6 to 6:30 am.  Ridiculous!  Adults don't want to get up that early, why should children??!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

There's a school bus that pulls in here at 6:40 every morning.  Schools in this area start earlier than they did when my girls were in school.  They get out earlier too.  

Esteemed Contributor

I kind of think before 7:00 is too early. 

We live about five miles from the school, I don't know if they have changed the time school starts here or if the bus is picking up more kids. I just know those across the road are very small and its just very early that they have to get up and around.

Honored Contributor

Early starts work better for working parents.

Respected Contributor

I was going in to work early one morning at 6:30 and got stopped by a school bus loading.  Couldn't believe it!  It sure would be nice to be able to at least wait until it is light out, but that wouldn't be until 8:00 some mornings.  Also, I'm not sure if all school districts operate this way, but in my neck of the woods the drivers have more than one route.  They will pick up the high schoolers and drop them off first, then pick up elementary or middle schoolers and drop them off.  In that case, they do have to start early! 

Trusted Contributor

The high school bus for my girls came at 6:10.  Not only was it dark at that time for most of the school year, but the bus only made one stop in the sub division, so they had to walk almost a half a mile to wait in the often bitter cold. School did not start until 7:30. Oh, and we live 10 minutes from the school. Fortunately, I could drop them off on my way to work.