Respected Contributor

We were setting up tv for streaming instead of cable.  A message came up on tv that we were only able to use Amazon on one device and call to arrange more.  We did and apparently fell into scam.  They even had credit card digits on the account.  Is everything out there for the taking?!  We thought we were so careful but .....  I don't have any advice because it was a message on our tv.. When does one know if its legitimate since we rarely get people to talk to anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom- Were you using a FireStick?

Honored Contributor

@Twins Mom It's very easy to contact CS at Amazon. 

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I've been having a terrible time trying to install Discovery+ on my #*&# Samsung TV (which I hate). I have a Firesticks on it and it keeps asking for my Samsung password.  Why, when I have a Discovery password?  Then it tells me to reset my password.  I've done this 3 or 4 times. Last time it wouldn't take it because I did it outside the US in a foreign country.  WHAT???? 

I've heard about the latest scam using Roku and Firesticks but I haven't gotten any message to call anybody. It's just stupid Samsung incompetence. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for this very valuable article @jackthebear .

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Thanks for this very valuable article @jackthebear .

anytime

usually a quick query will give you the info

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal 

Yes, I believe that we were using Firestick..... 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@jackthebear 

Thank you for the link to a scam.

The interesting point is this tv is not a smart tv -  that's why I used Firestick.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:

@jackthebear 

Thank you for the link to a scam.

The interesting point is this tv is not a smart tv -  that's why I used Firestick.  

@Twins Mom 

Yeah, but once you add the Firestick, it becomes a smart TV.  Thanks for your post - I consider my self pretty savvy about scams but this is something I would not have thought of.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett