Honored Contributor

This may get poofed, so, read fast.

Just got a call purporting to be HUMANA asking is this **********  ??

442) 242-9317

I hung up , checked the # , yep, it's a FRAUD

Beware !

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Re: Scam warning (again)

[ Edited ]

I work for HUMANA indirectly and it is not fraud. It is a valid number. I called it and I reconize the automated system.

Honored Contributor

No, I checked it out on white pages reverse and they said it's been turned in and it's #9 high risk.

Besides Humana has my email and address they can contact me that way and then I would call to verify. All I have with them is Drug plan anyway.

Honored Contributor

Humana administers my Medicare plan but I still get advertising from them all the time.  Just because someone thought it was a fraud, doesn't make it so.  I'd have stay on the line to see what they wanted, then hung up.  Everyone is paranoid anymore. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Humana administers my Medicare plan but I still get advertising from them all the time.  Just because someone thought it was a fraud, doesn't make it so.  I'd have stay on the line to see what they wanted, then hung up.  Everyone is paranoid anymore. 

Gee.....I wonder why we are so paranoid? 

Honored Contributor

No, first thing the robot said was "Is this do da"?   I hesitated and it repeated it again "did not hear your response is this do da"?

I hung up. Just checked my Humana account and I have no messages from them.

Respected Contributor

Got a call from my old insurance company (just changed in May to Medicare) and they started asking me to verify all of this personal information.  I said "No, you called me and obviously you have that information in front of you, and besides, I am no longer with you so, goodbye".  I don't trust any calls anymore - they left a message saying "it's urgent you call us"  Then they said it was for a survey - sure! 

Honored Contributor

I just now sent a message to HUMANA thru their website 'contact us'.

will let you all know what they say.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  The robot called you do-da?  See, this is why I don't answer the phone and make people leave messages (home phone).  On my cell phone, if you are not in my list of contacts, I am not answering :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise