Honored Contributor

guess you got caller ID ?

don't pick up and go to HSN and get a Call Blocker machine

Honored Contributor

My husband and I have different cell carriers.  He has a simple flip phone, carries it only when he leaves the house, and I am the only person who ever calls him on his cell.  

It has taken many conversations about various scam calls, to stop my husband from answering a ringing phone.   Whether it's our home phone, or his cell, he cannot read the caller ID, so he fully intends to answer the phone when it rings.  Because he has answered his cell on phishing calls, and confirmed it is a working number, he is now receiving calls from cell numbers, that are most likely with his same cell service provider.  

Our cell numbers are known by our very closest family and friends only.  I don't think we should be receiving calls from anyone else, period.  

Esteemed Contributor

I switched to the Humana Drug Plan in January but still maintain my United Health Care supplemental Medicare policy.  I have been barraged with marketing calls from Humana trying to sell me their supplemental insurance plan.  I no longer answer any of their calls.

Esteemed Contributor

Companies will NEVER call u or email u asking for personal information. They would send a letter - and u still need to be sure it's actually from them. NEVER give out information - just hang up. I don't even listen to their message. I get 5 scam calls/day and tell them where to go.

Esteemed Contributor

Whether a phone number that is displayed on your caller ID is a real number or not, the phone number can be spoofed by scammers. It's why even if the number appears to be from a real company or whatever, I do not give out personal information and don't answer the call. If a database has been hacked and the info sold, scammers can call you and spoof the company's number.

You can call the company yourself - look up their customer service contact number if you have business with them and find out what they want. It's safer for you that way.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Someone from my own cell phone number called me..........

@ROMARY

LOL! We get calls from ourselves on our home phone too!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

Romary, That happened to me also. In S.C. telephone number will show on TV when phone is ringing. How in the world could anyone call me using their phone with my number?

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the heads-up!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

"Paranoid"?  No.  Just SAFE!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ROMARY wrote:

Someone from my own cell phone number called me..........

@ROMARY

LOL! We get calls from ourselves on our home phone too!

The first time that happened to me it was creepy!