Honored Contributor

Get E231630  problem solved

no monthly bills

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I got the same call, twice, this morning... put them on block..  it seems the persistence of these calls are getting worse every day!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 I remember there being some talk about dealing with robo calls but I don't see any changes as of yet. Just today my son received a call with voicemail instructing him to reactivate his verizon account.

I have comcast and turned on the call block setting but the calls still get through. I'm starting to think these robo callers are paying the phone/cable companies to allow these calls. It's no different than companies paying for ads specific to their products.

Honored Contributor

I've noticed the scammers only let the phone ring 4 times or less.  Thats when most andwering machines pick up.  The area code 231 scammer only lets it ring twice.  He called again today.  Wouldn't he be surprised to know caller I'D is labelling his calls as possible fraud?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

A few months ago I was getting calls from myself!  On my landline phone I would get a call & it would have my name & phone number.  I never answered so don't know what it was about, & they never left a message. This happened to other people on my Nextdoor site.  I guess the scammers have moved on because "I" haven't called for a while LOL

Frequent Contributor

I had this Call Blocker for years.  It stopped working. Smiley Sad. Our cable provider does Caller ID so I see the numbers on TV and my phone tells me a call is coming in so I get to hear what the number is and I can decide if I want to pick up.  They also block after a couple rings if it is a known spam number.

Trusted Contributor

There’s a lot of evil people out there who would rather scam people out of their money than do an honest day’s work. Between the crazy Microsoft scams, sextortion email scams, and pretending to be the SSA, I’m fed up with the sorry #@#@####. I never answer the phone anymore or click on an email unless I’m sure who it’s from.

Trusted Contributor

I get a lot of them, too.  

I was wondering if anyone notices immediately getting a spam call upon logging on to the computer......or posting here?

I just posted two replies on the forum here and got one spam phone call, then a second one immediately followed - same phone number.

I have also noticed that sometimes I will get a brief internet interruption (the little blue swirly thing), and during that time, I get a spam phone call.  Then the internet connects.

I never answer them either. 

The one time I answered one, I immediately got two more.  

Honored Contributor

Our calls have increased like mad!!  I block a number and they change a digit and call again, plus had 3 calls on my cell just today.. don't answer either landline or cell!

STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

The volume of these calls has become high again (only short break with them just being a few a day) for me.   Most of them now have the name of a city and state.  Fortunately, nomorobo has  been catching about 99% of them, so yay for that.   I kind of wish nomorobo could actually stop them BEFORE they make a connection, but at least I don't have to hear the phone ring. 

Many phones have a choice of either 'let it ring once' for spammy calls or 'no ring'.     I like having it on 'no ring' for these calls so I'm not breaking my neck trying to get to a phone in case it's my father or husband.