Honored Contributor

Did Congress recent tell telephone companies to do something about these scam phone calls?  Seems I recall reading something.

Anyway, I just got a call from a 231 area code and in the name section of the caller I'D it said, "fraud likely".  If the phone company is doing this, bless them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

We have T Mobile.  The caller ID says "Scam Likely"  We'e had that feature for a long time now. 

The number immediately gets blocked...

Respected Contributor

Re: Scam Phone Calls

[ Edited ]

I doubt it. More likely it’s you phone service provider.

Honored Contributor

I don't know. I did receive a call that showed Fraudulent Caller on caller ID. I don't answer the call unless I recognize the number. I also keep getting a call saying I have overpaid on something & they need me to call them back so they can give me a refund. LOL!!! I never over pay anything. I know who I owe money to & how much.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Scam Phone Calls

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624   I don't know what changed but I got the same type call yesterday.  Love it

ETA: Just got another call from the same number - stubborn people

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Our local phone company began labeling them "Spam?"  about a year ago.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cotton4me Mine too for about a year.  We might have the same provider.

Respected Contributor

We get them in my area - Westchester County, New York, but I never answer a call that I do not recognize!  The local news here reports on them!

Regular Contributor

I signed up on a gov website some time ago that was supposed to reduce or stop me from getting robocalls which would include fraud and spam. Didn’t really help. Now, unless I recognize the caller or phone number, I don’t answer. 

Trusted Contributor

We have ATT and they don't do that unless you pay for the service.  Like the other posters here, I don't answer calls unless I recognize the number.  If the caller has business with me, they can leave a message.  Some scammers have the nerve to leave a message demanding money or they'll sue, or saying they're from the IRS and I'd better pay up now or they'll grab my bank account.  BRAZEN!