Honored Contributor

Several forum members have been kind enough to alert me regarding current online scams (seems to be trending over the last 6 months).  So I'm sharing what I just received in my email.  I did some research to find it was a scam (no surprise there, but necessary):

Hi (my email),

Your wire deposit has arrived, this payment was made on the 12/06/21 Confirmation number Z2ET2  Confirm your details in the file bellow!

View in Dropbox (This was in blue and you could click on it)
Thanks!
- The Dropbox Team

Want to stop getting invites from Dropbox? (Unsubscribe was in blue and you could click on it)
Dropbox, Inc., PO Box 77767, San Francisco, CA 94107
© 2018 Dropbox
Esteemed Contributor

Is dropbox even a thing?

I don't get much spam/scam but recently Netflix Mexico alerted me someone logged into my account. I don't have Netflix anywhere.

And Paypal which I do have that my account was locked and login here. Pretty legit looking but the email was from Paypl.com with no A in pal.

Honored Contributor

I hope you didn't click on ANYTHING in that email.   That's, as they say, how they get ya.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Another red flag is the date of the deposit (12/6/21).

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt , @Snowpuppy   I didn't click on anything...never do anymore.  I (and my husband) have also received those PayPal email statements saying it was locked due to suspicious behavior (we have both received them from our banks also).  I always check PayPal (and banks) by going into my account (not clicking anything on the email) and never find that my accounts were locked.  Seems I'm deleting these scams weekly.

Honored Contributor

@Diamonds22   Yup, I thought of that too.  Your kidding me, notifying me of a deposit wired 6 months ago!  Thank goodness, these scammers are not too smart!

Honored Contributor

Actually, it would 6 months in the future.    You'd think they would catch an error like that - or maybe they just bank on others not noticing.

Respected Contributor

Why wasn't this directed to your SPAM file.

You can hover over the sender and see their e-mail address before opening.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt   Whoops...who would have thought...even better evidence!

Trusted Contributor

@phoenixbrd   They are super people, they made a deposit on a date in the future - 12/06/21.  Smiley LOLSmiley LOL