Esteemed Contributor

Re: Saw another show this a.m. on U.F.O.'s. What do you think?

Yes, absolutely.

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

A UFO is exactly what it says: a flying object that wasn't or hasn't been identified. I, too, am of the opinion they're generally associated with military aircraft. People generally love a mystery and even if presented with scientific explanations we sometimes don't want to let the mystery go.

When I was in college I was captivated by the things such as the "ancient aliens" on History Channel, and I remember reading the book "Chariots of the Gods." However, now I tend toward believing in the intelligence and resourcefulness of humans, and I don't think those ancient mysteries were otherworldly. I just believe some of the technical processes weren't carefully recorded for posterity.

But as a believer in science I know there's still plenty for us to discover, so I don't completely discount the possibility of intelligent life somewhere other than planet Earth. As the usual joke goes, we're not always that sure intelligent life exists on planet Earth.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then I don't believe.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Frequent Contributor

Yes.

I think it is very self centered to believe that we are the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life.

Respected Contributor

On 5/14/2014 sidsmom said:

The History Channel has a series called "Ancient Aliens"....watch a marathon of those on a Sunday afternoon....you'll be convinced they exist...and built the pyramids, too. Crazy stuff. Earth is such a "small pimple of the bu.tt" of the universe...how can there NOT be other civilization? Bigger & more powerful?

I love watching Ancient Aliens...one of my guilty pleasures.

Honored Contributor

On 5/15/2014 nytengale1 said:

Yes.

I think it is very self centered to believe that we are the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life.

I feel exactly the same way.

Respected Contributor

The History Channel has a series called "Ancient Aliens"....watch a marathon of those on a Sunday afternoon....you'll be convinced they exist...and built the pyramids, too. Crazy stuff. Earth is such a "small pimple of the bu.tt" of the universe...how can there NOT be other civilization? Bigger & more powerful?

Isn't that show fascinating? When you piece all the info together, it makes total sense. But it's just all so weird! When I was in high school, I had to take a Mythology class. At the time, I thought it was SO STUPID....why, is this important?

Then I watch a show like Ancient Aliens, & they piece all kinds of stuff together. I couldn't even explain to anyone in a coherent manner what I've seen on that show.

Haven't you ever wondered why there are hieroglyphics on the ancient Pyramid walls of flying UFO's & such? That isn't the only place they exist.

After I watch that show about worm holes, time travel, dinosaurs, & UFO's I feel like I don't know much about our universe!

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/15/2014 straykatz said:

I love watching Ancient Aliens...one of my guilty pleasures.

This is my favorite show to watch other than old movies!

Love Giorgio Tsoukalos -- his hair has a Facebook page!

Super Contributor

The truth is out there.

Valued Contributor

ABSOLUTELY!

Fighting for them.( formerly EMTHeart)
https://www.facebook.com/ChicagoAnimalCareandControl/?hc_ref=ARQABXWGU0QxJ8S0etv9UWoAqEOZu1NXSKeSB0FeztlSRyGYWx17U1XqY_nz92D_IGQ