Esteemed Contributor

Re: Save on return shipping charges

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon@NycVixen: That's correct. The service stores often used return addresses and you can add unlimited addresses. You can send out multiple packages daily if you choose. I have always had great service with Return Saver. If you have a Fed Ex center nearby, I strongly recommend giving the 30 day free trial a try. I have saved a ton over shipping and returning through USPS. You create the return label from your computer and  printer. I buy adhesive labels from a big box office supply store that covers the original shipping label. Tracking numbers are included. The only downside is if you ship items less than once a month or if there is no FedEx store near you. As I mentioned in a previous post, the ONLY parcels I do not ship using Return Saver are those I send to my son who has an APO address in Europe where he is stationed with the US Army. Those go USPS with customs declarations, as would any parcels shipping internationally.

Respected Contributor

@queendiva, the site clearly states that it's for sending things to retailers. Please explain how you ship to family and friends. Do they charge the same or less than other shippers for packages going to non-retailers?

Esteemed Contributor

@nomless: I enter their name and address as I would a retailer, then print the label and send from a FedEx location.I don't have reason to do this often, but it's never been a problem when I have. The service can also be used for returns to individuals selling on Ebay and Craigslist, etc.

Again: register for the free 30 day trial. Nothing at all to lose. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it is! Don't over think this one!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info, queendiva. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

I have been using returnsaver since June 1, 2017 -- no problems!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@queendiva wrote:

@nomless: I enter their name and address as I would a retailer, then print the label and send from a FedEx location.I don't have reason to do this often, but it's never been a problem when I have. The service can also be used for returns to individuals selling on Ebay and Craigslist, etc.

Again: register for the free 30 day trial. Nothing at all to lose. I know it sounds too good to be true, but it is! Don't over think this one!

The company told me that if someone does this*, they risk cancellation of their membership. It's for "returns to eligible online sellers" only.

* ETA that "this" refers to the packages to relatives referred to earlier in the thread, as well as eBay and Craigslist packages, outgoing sales or returns, since auction sites are not covered and Craiglist doesn't appear to be either.

Esteemed Contributor

@noodleann: No problem for you, then. Don't sign up for the service.

You make your choices, I'll make mine. Sounds like it's not for you. As I said in my initial post I would not recommend for someone who sends less than one return item per month or who does not want to save $ on return shipping from e-retailers, including QVC.