Honored Contributor

Saturday and it feels strange

Working form home 8:00AM to 4:30PM.  Now it's Saturday & I got up early & automatically to start work, when I noticed the day!  I had to turn around go back to bed. Everything is screwy.   My break is to walk downstairs to the kitchen.  I noticed the university shuttle has stopped running. I used to hop on it to get to work.  By the way, I don't wear PJs working.  I do shower & get fully dressed before I start work.

By the way, my job is now dubbed "Telework"   That's the official name they give to people that work from home.  My husband is used to it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday and it feels strange

@songbird 

I teleworked for about 13 years, the most difficult thing was to find others in the small company I worked for because they were also teleworking

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

@songbird 

I teleworked for about 13 years, the most difficult thing was to find others in the small company I worked for because they were also teleworking

@I am still oxox   I did it for 25 years (retiring 5 years ago) and now that my children are required (or do) work from home as a result of this virus, they had no problem.  They remember Mom burning the midnight oil getting things done  left to the end of the workday. 

The only redeeming thing about working from home back then (was definitely not the shorter day as it was much longer) but no driving through the maddening crowd.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox   I have one co worker I communicate with.  She does the borrowing work while I do the lending (articles ....not books)  So far I only messed up once and missed her.  We decided to do the same time for work.  The research is fun.  Our google search is different from the regular google.  As some of you might know, there are different "levels" of information on the Internet you can find.  We're in Google Scholar.  Here all information is more specific and grouped together.

The novelty is good, but I do miss the office.  The group I work with is wonderful and we get on very well.  Counting our librarian, it's just 5 of us.  Not everyone from the library is working.  People from circulation for example are on administrative leave (they'll get paid) because their job is not suited for telework. I just keep hoping everything will go back to the way it was.