Honored Contributor

This will not come as news to most of you, but it is relatively new to me. Through the whole pandemic I never ordered food from a restaurant or supermarket. But for only the second time , I ordered some groceries from Walmart to be delivered from the store. I really didn't want to brave the crowds today so even though it costs a bit more I went for it. It was so satisfying to see the little car on the tracking screen , and get  the message that my stuff was delivered. Big deal you say, well yes it was a treat. I won't do it all of the time, because I like to pick out my own items, but once in awhile, why not ? 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

If it makes you happy...then go for it!  I'm very selective about the fresh produce that we consume (a huge part of our lifestyle).  But I can certainly understand and appreciate the convenience of delivery and pickup.  Enjoy your new found treat!

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1, I think it is great to treat ourselves every once in awhile. Good for you, I'm glad it was a good experience for you.

Honored Contributor

Re: Saturday Treat

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

This will not come as news to most of you, but it is relatively new to me. Through the whole pandemic I never ordered food from a restaurant or supermarket. But for only the second time , I ordered some groceries from Walmart to be delivered from the store. I really didn't want to brave the crowds today so even though it costs a bit more I went for it. It was so satisfying to see the little car on the tracking screen , and get  the message that my stuff was delivered. Big deal you say, well yes it was a treat. I won't do it all of the time, because I like to pick out my own items, but once in awhile, why not ? 

@QVCkitty1 

ENJOY!!!!

I have been using Instacart since 2018, and its been a blessing especially with 25 lb to 30 lb cat litter bags and other heavy things. The Shoppers have been professional, friendly, and helpful (even checking to see if an item I wanted was available in the stock room ) and delivery is quick!. I became a member so theres no delivery fee...just a $2 service fee and the membership fee equals $10 a month plus any tip...well worth it!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

It's a good option for people.  I worry about not being able to drive when I'm older so I'm glad I can have just about anything delivered.  

That being said - I just cancelled my Walmart Plus membership for now - or rather I'm not going to renew it in two months.  I appreciate the "free" shipping but it's too slow compared to Amazon Prime.  

Respected Contributor

I started using the pickup service in 2016, love buying online, driving up & they're put in my van...simple, stress free & if I'm not happy with an item I can call for a refund. I know the service doesn't work for everyone but it's perfect for me...I despise grocery shopping. Enjoy your treat @QVCkitty1.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1   I used the Giant Supermarket (Stop and Shop in the northeast)  home delivery once in the autumn of 2020 and like it.  Then in December, 2020/January, 2021, I had to move a block and a half to a different rental townhouse.  I have used this service several times since and really have beeen pleased.   The delivery cost is reasonable.

Have also used Amazon Fresh a couple of times recently and that was also very good.

You just need to know your brands and prices and will then probably have good results.

Walmart does not yet have true home delivery for my area of DC--Hill Southeast yet.  They are working on implementing it.

I can't do pickup since I don't drive, and never did, so I still take my cart or a reusable bag or two to walk about five to six blocks to Safeway, the only supermarket within walking distance.  Harris Teeter left my neighborhood in January, 2022.  I still miss it--it was only a two block straight walk and had the best seafood and nice produce.

I also use GrubHub once in a while to order from a restaurant.

Why not treat yourself once in a while?  There are no pockets in a shroud.

I used Amazon Fresh the first time because I didn't want to take the long walk to Safeway on a Saturday to get a heavy sack of potatoes and some other things I needed to make dishes to bring to a Sunday picnic over the Independence Day weekend.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

aroc34

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

awesome!   i have not done the delivery yet, but am thankful it is available if/when i do need it

i have been doing walmart pickup since 2017 with great success!

did a large walmart pick up this morning

made me smile as i saw people going in and out knowing i did not have to deal with the inside

i too am picky about veggies and fruits......very happy with what they picked for me

74 items

2 substitutes.....i received better than ordered

0 unavailable

1 item wrong.   lightbulbs-wrong type.   i called cs and they immediately refunded 

i also do ingles(local grocery) pickup when their weekly ad merits it

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

I am glad you discovered your treat. Delivery is a wonderful thing to have at our disposal. We used Instacart during the lockdown and enjoyed having fresh milk and bread after going without for a few weeks. It is more expensive but worth it when necessary.

Currently we do curbside pickup from HEB, a local food store, and Walmart. Where we order depends on what we need at the time. I have not been in a store here in a long, long time. I miss seeing "what looks good today," but we are staying safe in an area that does not wear masks and is vaccine hesitant. We are deeply grateful that the options of curbside, delivery, and shipping seem to be here to stay.

Honored Contributor

For me, the services I pay for now improve my life more than satisfying new wants.  I'm at a point in life that spending to stay in my own home makes more sense than heading to assisted living.  I like where I live and,  for sure, even with inhome help, it's less expensive to live here than elsewhere.

Right now the services I use are my idea of luxuries, but I know eventually they could become necessities.