Honored Contributor

Re: Sarah Ferguson finally forgiven?

Sarah Ferguson always highly praised the Queen publicly. By all accounts Philip was the one who didn't like Fergie, reportedly he was not the nicest person. So after he died, well I guess they were "allowed" to accept and invite her again.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

At the moment. Fergie may be in better stead with the Royals than her ex, Andrew.

Respected Contributor

I like the simplicity of the dove brooch.

Respected Contributor

Sarah remained close to the Queen even after the divorce...she regularly visited her and they walked the corgis together. I believe she gave her a corgi puppy after Prince Philip's death. I know she was not welcome when he was at home, but the Queen was supportive of her throughout the divorce. After all, Sarah is the mother of two of her granddaughters, I am sure she wanted to be able to see them as well. There was no doubt Sarah would attend the funeral. The Queen was wise enough to know the importance of family. Andrew made his own choice, and she knew Sarah was blameless in that scandal. 

Regular Contributor

I've been reading a lot about the royals over the past few days, and Phillip was not a nice person.  He was most unhapppy with Charles for not being more, for a lack of a better word, manly, as a youth.  He was quiet and stayed to himself and had few friends and Phillip was not happy with that.  So maybe when he passed, everyone was o.k with Fergie coming back into the fold.  I personally always thought he had something to do with Diana's accident.  Of course, this is my opinion and speculation.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I read that Fergie walks the Queen's dogs.  Doesn't she live with Andrew also?

She looked great this morning.  She usually doesn't lol

@Bri369    Sometime recently, it was said she's adopting the Queen's dogs (3 I think) and they are living with her.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I heard a long time ago they shared a house.  Of course their houses are so big they'd never see each other.

Respected Contributor

According to what Ive read,Sarah and QEll were close. Sarah lives with Andrew om Windsor grounds. She picked out the puppies Andrew gave to his mom after Phillip died. Sarah and QEll walked dogs together and rode horses together

Esteemed Contributor

Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew remained under the same roof after the divorce.  I always assumed this was so that their daughters would have a home life where both parents were around.  Over the years it has been reported that she and Andrew are good friends.  Maybe they make better friends than spouses because this relationship has lasted much longer than their marriage. Of course, we all agree that their houses are castles and palaces, so living with someone doesn't have the same pressure that common folks would have to deal with.  Even those with larger homes don't usually have the palacial space that would accommodate a separated couple living happily together.    

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

I was glad to see she was included among the family members. A nice olive branch perhaps?

No Olive Branch.  She and Andrew are still very very close.  They even lived together for a time after their divorce.  She didn't just disappear.  She has had a steady relationship with the royals.  They will be taking care the Queen's dogs that they gifted to her.  The Corgi's.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life