Respected Contributor

I have heard this week people concerned about a superbug later one from all of the sanitizing and disinfecting! That would be all we would need Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

That has been a concern for years.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

Re: Sanitizing concern

[ Edited ]

That's why our family has never been regular users of hand sanitizers.
I've made it a habit not to buy soap labeled antibacterial. 

Honored Contributor

@deeva wrote:

That's why our family has never been regular users of hand sanitizers.
I've made it a habit not to buy soap labeled antibacterial. 

Same. DH would not let us have antibacerial anything in the house for as long as I can remember. It was hard back when Bath and Body Works switched to "antibac" everything. You couldn't find regular liquid hand soap there for a long time. I even called when they had other brands in their store - with no luck. So we found other liquid hand soaps. Eventually BBW saw the light and got the regular choice back in! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We stopped using anti bacterial soaps years ago because of this. 

And this has been a concern of mine with this virus from the beginning. My husband goes to work daily and keeps getting exposed to the usual suspects. I get out maybe once a week or so, and not always into places, but at drive through like bank, pharmacy etc. So I'm getting little exposure to people and germs.

My mom has been only in one place outside her home or mine since March 13th (84 and some health conditions). I worry that she has been out of the germ pool for too long, and will there be some issues because of it beyond Covid, as she isn't staying exposed to more common bacterias and viruses. 

Kind of doesn't seem to be any options for people in her circumstances right now. 

Trusted Contributor

I do think there's a big problem with the overkill on being germ free. I especailly find it weird with kids. Everyone goes nuts about keeping kids from getting sick which I sadly think is more about the inconvenience. I got sick as a kid. I also was a nail biter for a long time. Haven't been sick since I was maybe 24 years old which was like 30 years ago. 

Honored Contributor
@FlowerBear. IMO there are plenty of immediate pandemic concerns to worry about than something that perhaps could happen in the future (and perhaps not).
Honored Contributor

Re: Sanitizing concern

[ Edited ]

@FlowerBear 

I find my life to be better because I don't  concern myself with "used to be's" or with what "might be's". What is important to me to live a happy and content life is living in the present. 

The past is gone, the future is yet to come. As for the "what might or could be's", I only focus on the things I can control. To do otherwise is a waste of energy, and for way too many, worry and unnecessary stress. 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

We have never had antibacterial soap in our house either.  My hubby never allowed it as he is in the medical field and knows simple soap and water takes care of  all bacteria if used properly.  I am more concerned about people overusing these cleaning agents and breathing in the chemicals.  Open the windows people!!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@FlowerBear 

I find my life to be better because I don't  concern myself with "used to be's" or with what "might be's". What is important to me to live a happy and content life is living in the present. 

The past is gone, the future is yet to come. As for the "what might or could be's", I only focus on the things I can control. To do otherwise is a waste of energy, and for way too many, worry and unnecessary stress. 

hckynut 🏒

hckynut

@hckynut 

Well said!  👍

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”