Honored Contributor

Re: Same Commercial, Two Different Channels

@Anonymous032819 

I think the problem is that fewer companies are opting to advertise their products via TV commercials....It seems to be cheaper to put ads on social media platforms and websites these days....So it creates seeing the SAME few commercials over and over and over again no matter what the channel you turn to.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

So sick of Joe

Honored Contributor

The commercial about "taking care of THAT skin" does it for me.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Glitter51 wrote:

I didn't ever think that any commercial could be as annoying as Maria Osmond and nutrition-system, but Joe Namath takes the cake!! It's the worst ever!!  

Marie Osmond lost her weight when she was on Dancing with the Stars - she admitted that at the time. Not from being on the nutrition system - which usually isn't healthy. I'm also sure she had lots of nips and tucks --- so this is another phony commercial. Plus --- it's on way too many times. Yes - that Joe Namath commercial is another boring one. I keep remembering how handsome years ago - and I hardly recognize him now. I never watch commercials - unless I'm changing channels for 2 seconds. I then put them on mute.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Tom Selleck and his reverse mortgage is getting its fair share of air time too. I really think it depends on the channel you are watching, you dont see many of these on regular network stations. 

It does surprise me that Tom Selleck would be pushing reverse mortgages. I took out a reverse mortgage 10 yrs ago because I couldn't afford to pay the mortgage any longer. At first, it looks like a good deal - then I realized after a few years - how much extra money the lender charges me monthly. Of course, it just has initials - and u don't realize it. My fees are now over $400/mo. The lender calls it "insurance." To cover their fat a*s. The other big negative is when ur beneficiary tries to sell the house or pay it off. They don't tell u that the lender has to sign off on the sale --- and they keep asking for the paperwork to be mailed or faxed to them - then they claim they didn't receive it. On and on until they steal ur house. I found this out when I started googling Reverse Mortgages and various lenders. There's very little information out there on these reverse mortgages - so be AWARE!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

Companies pay a lot of money to get their commercials on different channels/stations at the exact same time. It isn’t coincidence. My brother was in advertising and I remember him talking about the planning it took.