I live in Maryland, where our sales tax is 6% and I noticed that QVC is charging me 7% on items I purchased and was going to purchased. I spoke to customer service and they said they would report it. Then I sent a E-mail to them telling them their tax is too high for the state of MD. I get a E-mail back telling me that they have the right to collect taxes. That wasn't the issue. They're slaping a extra penny to each taxable purchase. I canceled all future purchases for plants and auto-delivery on foods. I think their CUSTOMERS need to check to see if they are paying the right tax for their states. A penny doesn't sound like much, but add up all their CUSTOMERS and it can add up to a lot of money. If you don't mind having it stuck to you, then It doesn't matter to me. I'm Just A man

Honored Contributor

@JustAMan

i am in maryland and i am charged sales tax of 6% on both the item price AND the s/h charges.....as allowed by our maryland laws.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Your municipality may also have a tax.  My tax depends on what county I live in within the state. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Did you include the S&H charges in your calculations? QVC includes S&H charges in the taxable amount. Some places do, some places don't. It's legal either way in most states.

Trusted Contributor

I got the same email response as you.  I then researched an learned that California makes them charge tax on the S & H-which is ridiculous.