Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Last week I posted about losing my mom to Covid 19. We had a visitation service only today, there could only be 10 people in the funeral home at one time per the CDC guideliines so I had to help the assistant assigned to my moms service manage everyone coming in to make sure only 10 could be in the room to view her body. She had 34 grandchildren, 61 great grandchildren so people were in and out and stood outside on the parking lot. After 1 hour of family viewing a short service was held only for her children and her one sister lasting about 15 mins and everyone else had to remain outside. She will be buried at a military cemetary tomorrow and we cannot attend due to strict rules that only the hearse with funeral director can enter the cemetary because of the virus so we had to say goodbye today.   This virus has made it so sad for families who lose loved ones. I said all of this to show just how sad it is and hoping someone who doesn't think this is serious can see what it can do. My mom was 88 but this virus strikes many ages and families are devastated so please everyone follow the stay at home guidelines, wear a mask when out, keep your distance from others, wash your hands and pray for a vaccine and treatment.   I am her oldest child and took on total responsibilty for planning her service, wrote the obituary, bought her a new dress and gave her one of my scarves to make her dress look pretty, Everyone was pleased with how she looked. Stay safe everyone

@Goodie2shoes you have my deepest condolences for  the loss of your beloved mom. She was so blessed to have so many grandchildren and great grandchildren, I am sure she was beloved by all of them and will be missed. May your mother rest in peace.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm so sorry. 🙏❤️

Respected Contributor

@OKPrincess  wrote: From what I understand, these people also die alone because family members aren’t allowed in the hospitals either. How terribly sad.

My mom died alone, we could not go to see her. I was able to see her once via Facetime with her nurses's phone which was very helpful but she was not able to respond  to my voice.

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   I’m so sorry for your loss.  This is affecting so many so much.  I’m sorry that your goodbye had to be that way.  You did all that was possible.  Stay safe.  I wish everyone truly realized how this affects so many, and how it we have to remain willing to stay safe for everyone.  Prayers for you and your family.  ❤️❤️

Honored Contributor

That is very sad.

Valued Contributor

My condolences as you mourn the loss of your mother.

And may you be comforted by the actions you took to make sure that her visitation was attended by her large family and by the care you took in preparing her for viewing.

In times such as these, we all must take solace in those things we can do within the mandated restrictions.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes  My thoughts and my heart are with you...may your Mom rest in peace!

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mother.  You have my deep sympathies.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. God bless you.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

So sorry for the loss of your mom.  Seems you had a beautiful service although maybe not the traditional way but your family had the greatest gift of at least the opportunity to saying goodbye.

My DIL mother passed away suddenly mid-April after a short illness at age 66.  No service was allowed except for the immediate family (spouse, her children & spouses = 10) and she is overwrought with sadness as she hasn't truly grieved the loss.  

We all need in these terrible times to focus of the wonderful memories our loved ones gave us thru their lifetime & if possible, have a celebration of life for them.

💐💐🌹🌹