Respected Contributor

I’ve been thinking of you and your family since your original post and my heart is heavy with aching for your loss. There’s never a good time for this transition but you will never regret these extra steps y’all have made and now you can rest and enjoy all your “happy” together.

Trusted Contributor

Losing someone you love always is sad, but not being able to join with others to honor, mourn, and say good-bye without lots of restrictions sounds so terrible.  I am so sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself, and thank you for sharing.

Respected Contributor

@Free2bewrote: My deep sympathy for you @Goodie2shoes.  What you posted will touch many of our lives in some way.  Fewer will experience this deep loss if more will practice safety measures but still lives will be lost.  Thank you for emphasising this.  My daughter survived it probably due to her age and good health but it was frightening that the virus can change on a dime when someone thinks they are getting better.  Thank you for sharing the deep sadness of how much harder it is to deal with loss now.  Your mom was fortunate to have you as a daughter.  She clearly was a fabulous woman to have that kind of turnout.

So glad to hear your daughter survived this virus, may god bless and keep you and your family in good health. My mom was a awesome mom who loved everyone of her 10 children and worked hard including double shifts as a nurse to make sure we were taken care of. She will surely be missed but I am at peace knowing she is in a better place.

Contributor

I too had a sad day yesterday.  My 92 year sister in London passed in February.  I had gone to London to put her into a nursing home and moving all her belongings from her flat.  The virus had only just started in London so we got to visit a few times.  They eventually stopped visitors and we were able to get the last flight out of London so I had to say goodbye across from her in a large private room no hugs.  She really didn't know what was going on due to begining of dementia but I could see how scared she looked.  I was home a few days when received email to say she had passed.  All arrangements had to be made via phone and email.  Fortunately she did not pass from the virus but natural age related.  Due to the back up of deaths in the UK the funeral home were able to keep her until May 5. It has been a very sad time so I can sympathize will everyone who has lost someone to this horrible virus.  It was hard yesterday knowing I could not attend or bring flowers.  I did spend the day with thoughts of her surrounded by some happier times photos and a lovely vause of yellow roses. Thoughts to everyone with similar situations especially all the older generation in nursing homes. 

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

36 Sympathy Messages: What to Write in a Condolence Card - FTD.com

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I am very sorry to think of all you have been through.

Plus you planned all of it, in your grief, down to what she would wear and buying her a new dress and adorning your dear mother with your own scarf!   That brought tears to my eyes.  What a loving, respectful, devoted daughter you are.   May you be filled with peace~~

Esteemed Contributor

Goodie2shoes - thank you for sharing your private moments and for your powerful words. 

islington - I'm sorry for your loss as well.

May your memories bring blessings. Stay safe.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes : ❤️❤️❤️💐💐💐🙏🙏🙏Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

From what I understand, these people also die alone because family members aren’t allowed in the hospitals either.  How terribly sad.

@Goodie2shoes  I’m deeply sorry for your loss.

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes,

Ugh, I'm so sorry to read this.  It's awful enough dealing with a parent's death, but to not be able to be with them at the end is just heartbreaking.

Maybe after this craziness is over and we begin our new "normal", your family can have a memorial service to celebrate your mom's life.

My dad passed a year ago May 4.  I think of those final days and am so thankful that our family/friends were able to be with him.  My sister and I ended up having a private burial with just immediate family; but, earlier, we had a mass and large celebration of his life at his favorite restaurant.  

As the weeks go on, I hope you will find peace as you grieve.Heart