Respected Contributor

Last week I posted about losing my mom to Covid 19. We had a visitation service only today, there could only be 10 people in the funeral home at one time per the CDC guideliines so I had to help the assistant assigned to my moms service manage everyone coming in to make sure only 10 could be in the room to view her body. She had 34 grandchildren, 61 great grandchildren so people were in and out and stood outside on the parking lot. After 1 hour of family viewing a short service was held only for her children and her one sister lasting about 15 mins and everyone else had to remain outside. She will be buried at a military cemetary tomorrow and we cannot attend due to strict rules that only the hearse with funeral director can enter the cemetary because of the virus so we had to say goodbye today.   This virus has made it so sad for families who lose loved ones. I said all of this to show just how sad it is and hoping someone who doesn't think this is serious can see what it can do. My mom was 88 but this virus strikes many ages and families are devastated so please everyone follow the stay at home guidelines, wear a mask when out, keep your distance from others, wash your hands and pray for a vaccine and treatment.   I am her oldest child and took on total responsibilty for planning her service, wrote the obituary, bought her a new dress and gave her one of my scarves to make her dress look pretty, Everyone was pleased with how she looked. Stay safe everyone

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry for your loss and the circumstances of everything after. This is such a difficult time. Please take care of yourself and your family. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom.😭Woman Sad

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.

Esteemed Contributor

So very sorry for your loss.  Thank you for sharing your story with this QVC community.

Super Contributor

@Goodie2shoes - I am so sorry u lost your mom! 💗

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes 

My prayers, heartfelt condolences on the loss of your mom....

80+ Heartfelt Condolence Messages and Quotes - WishesMsg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Last week I posted about losing my mom to Covid 19. We had a visitation service only today, there could only be 10 people in the funeral home at one time per the CDC guideliines so I had to help the assistant assigned to my moms service manage everyone coming in to make sure only 10 could be in the room to view her body. She had 34 grandchildren, 61 great grandchildren so people were in and out and stood outside on the parking lot. After 1 hour of family viewing a short service was held only for her children and her one sister lasting about 15 mins and everyone else had to remain outside. She will be buried at a military cemetary tomorrow and we cannot attend due to strict rules that only the hearse with funeral director can enter the cemetary because of the virus so we had to say goodbye today.   This virus has made it so sad for families who lose loved ones. I said all of this to show just how sad it is and hoping someone who doesn't think this is serious can see what it can do. My mom was 88 but this virus strikes many ages and families are devastated so please everyone follow the stay at home guidelines, wear a mask when out, keep your distance from others, wash your hands and pray for a vaccine and treatment.   I am her oldest child and took on total responsibilty for planning her service, wrote the obituary, bought her a new dress and gave her one of my scarves to make her dress look pretty, Everyone was pleased with how she looked. Stay safe everyone

@Goodie2shoes 

I am so sorry for your loss and especially at this very difficult time.

I will say a prayer for you and your family to feel a sense of peace and comfort.

HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

Sorry for your loss. We lost a family member three weeks ago and went through something similar. A week later,  SIL had to fly back from out of state when his mother passed and had to buy his ticket at the last minute, so of course, they charged him a mint...he looked at the seating chart and it had three seats filled in several rows and other rows were empty. No spreading people apart.  He asked if he could sit in a row that was empty and they said yes, it would be an extra $190. Smh. They should be ashamed.

Respected Contributor

My deep sympathy for you @Goodie2shoes.  What you posted will touch many of our lives in some way.  Fewer will experience this deep loss if more will practice safety measures but still lives will be lost.  Thank you for emphasising this.  My daughter survived it probably due to her age and good health but it was frightening that the virus can change on a dime when someone thinks they are getting better.  Thank you for sharing the deep sadness of how much harder it is to deal with loss now.  Your mom was fortunate to have you as a daughter.  She clearly was a fabulous woman to have that kind of turnout.