Occasional Contributor

ST. PATRICK'S DAY CELEBRATION ?

Has gone from 24hrs. of fun and shopping ,  which I know we  THE VIEWER  loved . This 2016 show was  jumbled hrs. at best  and slashed back to 12 hrs.  Don't ruin a wonderful day that MILLIONS of AMERICANS   TAKE OFF WORK , NOT TO MISS,  QVC.  OUR HEARTFELT REQUESTS OF RETURNING TO 24 HRS.  HAVE FALLEN ON DEAF EARS .  ST. PATRICK'S DAY CELEBRATION  IS THE BEST DAY OF SHOPPING AND FUN ON QVC.  WHAT' S NEXT ?  COMPLETE PHASE OUT OF WHAT HAS BEEN A VERY PROFITABLE VENTURE  FOR QVC  AND SUCH A NICE DAY FOR WE THE VIEWER. A TRUE SHAME , AND POSITIVE NO FAULT OF THE WONDERFUL VENDERS .

Respected Contributor

Re: ST. PATRICK'S DAY CELEBRATION ?

There have certainly been many changes in the St Patrick Day program.  I enjoyed the vendors throughout the day and the hosts held back on their sales pitch and let the charm of the vendors sell the product.  They sold me several things.

At 6 p.m. when the Irish vendors switched over to QVC plus things changed.  The less experienced host dominated the conversation and the charm of the vendors was lost.

They could have been selling pots and pans or shoes rather than unique crafted items from gracious Irish visitors.

As I recall there was always a big thank you and a party atmosphere at the end - not so this year.  Disappointing.

Valued Contributor

Spoiler

I was not able to see the entire day of programming, but did catch a couple of the morning shows.  I agree- I missed the special sets, the music and dancing.  I think Mary Beth Roe's show might have had a little more entertainment- I did hear some music then which was very welcome.  St Patrick's Day is my birthday and I am Irish- I always take the day off from work and watching QVC is an essential part of my celebration. I agree that the programming is lacking compared to previous years- the Irish vendor's great personalities and the charm of Ireland were not shown to their best advantage.  I did  buy a two items that I know I am going to love.  It is funny how you can see the same item online and not really appreciate it is presented by the Irish guest.  Some of it is their quiet charm but I also appreciate the item more because I understand its history and the work and thought that went into its creation.  I would love seeing shows based on other countries as well!  

Esteemed Contributor

They were actually on QVC for 18 hours...midnight to 6pm.....then they went over to QVC Plus....thats a really long long time for the small group of men and women who come here..maybe they asked to cut back...it has to be exhausting to be on and off air that many hours..i don't know when they slept...I felt sorry for them...

Respected Contributor

@chvall99 I agree with your comment about seeing other countries represented.  We have traveled many many places and I have brought home some wonderful crafts relative to that country.  Polish pottery, Czech glassware, Italian leather are all beautiful examples.

Even our own state of Hawaii manufactures many casual clothing, shoe, and jewelry items.  It would not have to be 24 hours, but 6 or 8 at a holiday time.

Honored Contributor

@chvall99 Wow, Irish and born on St. Patrick's day. Your parents must have been over the moon. I'd love to know what they named you?

Valued Contributor

@applecobbler wrote:

Has gone from 24hrs. of fun and shopping ,  which I know we  THE VIEWER  loved . This 2016 show was  jumbled hrs. at best  and slashed back to 12 hrs.  Don't ruin a wonderful day that MILLIONS of AMERICANS   TAKE OFF WORK , NOT TO MISS,  QVC.  OUR HEARTFELT REQUESTS OF RETURNING TO 24 HRS.  HAVE FALLEN ON DEAF EARS .  ST. PATRICK'S DAY CELEBRATION  IS THE BEST DAY OF SHOPPING AND FUN ON QVC.  WHAT' S NEXT ?  COMPLETE PHASE OUT OF WHAT HAS BEEN A VERY PROFITABLE VENTURE  FOR QVC  AND SUCH A NICE DAY FOR WE THE VIEWER. A TRUE SHAME , AND POSITIVE NO FAULT OF THE WONDERFUL VENDERS .

Can't read your post (it's probably a good one) because of the CAPS! Please refrain from using those. Make your points and use B(for Bold) if you want emphasis.

Trusted Contributor

The charm of the programming came through loud and clear.  I was glad I caught glimpses of it online.  The last segment had QVC's big guns - MBR, Carolyn, Rick D., and Jane T.  They really know how to sell the stuff.  That fellow Stephen said he had been coming to QVC for 20 years so I'm very appreciative that QVC had kept the program going even though the prices were not easy to take.  They really tried to get a lot of money out of these Irish imports some of which are not that well made as reflected in the commentaries on the products.  I'm going to wait until some of these products are returned and end up in "as is" to consider any of them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, but "we the viewers" don't all love 24 hours of Irish stuff on 3/17.  Because many of us are NOT Qvc viewers, we are Qvc shoppers.  And much of the Irish "stuff" is just kitschy dust collectors, things people already own or don't want.  If the show was brining in buckets of money, Qvc would not have reduced it this year.  Obviously, it hasn't been a money maker in recent years, so Qvc scaled back.  There was  merchandise online that I'm sure was not presented on tv,  I think Qvc is moving away for the "entertainment" concept.  They are focused now on sales, they don't need to "entertain viewers" to keep them watching anymore.  Qvc is like Amazon now, a place for shoppers.  No one today would take a day off work to watch Qvc.  People who were interested in the 3/17 lineup checked it out throughout the day on their phones, tablets, computers.