Esteemed Contributor

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY RECIPIENTS QUESTION

Have no received my refund yet. Perhaps because I always owe money after filing income tax? My social security checks are, of course, directly deposited. However, that's completely different from the stimulus checks. Since I always pay into the Goverment on income taxes, they may not have my direct deposit information and I haven't made the effort to provide it to them. Patiently waiting is fine with me. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh    Thankyou for the information.  I went to the site... had the option of giving them our bank info, decided against it and will wait for a check.  I am in no hurry for it. and hate to give out my routing number online unless I absolutly have to.  Too much risk with  that number getting out if someone crashes the site... and things like that happen often. 

Trusted Contributor

I thought so to, even SS said it would be a DD.  I got a mailed check last Saturday.   Don't understand why but I will take it! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

oh ss said they had verified my DD, and I have had the same bank for years....no rhyme or reason why they mailed it

Valued Contributor

My S/O and I are both on Social Security. We each received a check last week.

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady  this check has nothing to do with you owing r not owing income tax. You can always check irs.gov and it will ask for your name, date of birth, address and SS# and that should tell you when you will get a check and how.

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

not necessarily. Others on SS have been getting theirs by mail.

Do you mean me? If so according to that IRS site it's going to be direct deposited into my checking account. Even showed the last 4 numbers of the account it's going into.

Valued Contributor

After reading this thread I decided to go to the gov site and check on ours.  We always pay in so our banking info is not with our tax return but we do receive ss.  When I went in to check it said our banking info was not there under either of us.  I then input my husbands.  Unsure wether to do mine I tried and once his was in it had the bank info for me also.  Guess I will check tomorrow and see if there is any update.  Too bad this is trial and error.  There is such inconsistent info coming out it is ridiculous.  Then again, it was a massive undertaking in a short time.  I feel sorry for those who don't research further.

Esteemed Contributor

@northiie57  as long as your name is spelt correctly on the check, that´s what counts.

Most people now have the app on their phones so that they can take a picture and make a deposit into their Bank Acc. If not, then they would have to take a trip to the Bank.

Esteemed Contributor

@kitty60  that´s what I don´t understand (maybe we aren´t supposed to) why if your Direct Deposit information is there, why are some people sent a check? Hope when you check tomorrow, it will say DD.

Either by DD or Check as long as we get it, that´s what counts.