Honored Contributor

Re: SOCIAL SECURITY RECIPIENTS QUESTION

No, I haven't received mine.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Yes, I received mine on 4/15 via direct deposit.

Without knowing your neighbor's business, maybe she hasn't had to file income tax because of her income or the IRS doesn't have access to her deposit information.  She may need some assistance in getting this set up, or she will have to wait for a paper check to be issued, and I thought I had read that might not be until August.

Sometimes the town's Senior Citizen's Center has people to help out with this type of thing.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Trusted Contributor

I heard they are going out the week of the 27th of April. You would think they would have been amongst the first to get theirs so many are on limited incomes.

Super Contributor

per article I read earlier today: given IRS and SS are 2 separate entities, it has taken some time to coordinate. I get direct deposit for SS, pay IRS quarterly and get no returns, so no direct deposit for IRS. 

article comforted me; betting mine comes by the April 29 date cited in the article. if you have kids, and haven't had a return, extra info to IRS needed by May 6 per their website. 

HTH

Valued Contributor

I just checked my status and it said a check is scheduled to be mailed to me. 

I'm on SS with direct deposit. I thought we were suppose get our checks by direct deposit. I don't get it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. 

“We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it.” Abraham Lincoln
Trusted Contributor

No direct deposit or check so far. Same for my 93=year old mom and my non-SS sister or her husband.  My sistervand BIL still also are awaiting their first unemployment checks. 

Contributor

Yes, I’m on Social Security and my $1200 was direct deposited to my bank account on April 15th.

Contributor

Your stimulus check is deposited to your bank account directly IF you are also signed up to have an IRS income tax refund deposited directly. 

Respected Contributor

I receive SS and had always had my IRS refunds sent by check, but I changed to Direct Deposit when the Portal became available a few weeks ago.  Guess what?  I got the $1200 in check form and I received it on April 22nd.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvspring wrote:

Your stimulus check is deposited to your bank account directly IF you are also signed up to have an IRS income tax refund deposited directly. 

Yes, but SS recipients who receive their monthly benefit via direct deposit are supposed to get their stimulus that way too, even if they never provided direct deposit info for tax refunds.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to any of this, and none of it is going according to plan.  I know people in all categories who are not getting their payments the way others are in their same category.